Search results

1. T

My endgame plan

I was using EQ (Oratory with -3.5 at pre-amp) So it's good enough thanks a lot for all the help (to you and everyone that gave insight) :D
  2. T

My endgame plan

So, got my HE1000 v2 today, and they sound fantastic. For the amp, it works but I have to push it between 85 and 95% in high gain to get a good sound (depending on the track). What do you think? I don't mind pushing the amp to that level but I don't know if it's good enough. PS: The cables are...
  3. T

My endgame plan

Seems to be the reasonable option, thanks a lot for your advices :) Anything else I should be paying attention? I see that there's a debate about dsp and eq on the comments and I'll admit that I'm just using autoEQ from Oratory atm.
  4. T

My endgame plan

So you think that I wouldn't hear any improvement going for, let say for the argument, the topping A70 over the topping EX5? As for tube amp it does seem to be a bad idea.
  5. T

My endgame plan

. Since the source is my phone or computer, is it really useful to get an external one? I'm not very familiar with dsp so I can be totally wrong but isn't it a post processing module that can have presets to change the sound? If it is wouldn't be able to do so in the eq? I'm honestly asking...
  6. T

My endgame plan

Yeah it seems so, do you know the reason of that bad matching?
  7. T

My endgame plan

Hello everyone, I finally chose which headphones are going to be my endgames and want some insights into the electronics or possible mistakes I'm making. I'm planning to own both the Hifiman HE1000 v2 (already ordered with the latest sales at 1300€ brand new) and the Meze Empyrean. Why those...
  8. T

An Amp for the hifiman he1000

Hey, I'm wondering if my topping ex5 could drive the hifiman he1000 and if not what would you recommend?
  9. T

My desktop setup

Well, I looked up a bit more on the DAC/Amp subject and find the Topping EX5 and DX7 Pro that fit my original idea while having good measurement. Which one should I get (if any of them) as a final DAC/AMP since I don't want to spend more on this (I prefer to spend 1 time 600 than once 300 then...
  10. T

My desktop setup

Do I lose anything if it's not balanced? I heard that there's were a thing called ground loop that can happen if I use a computer as a source without a balanced cable (I'm honestly asking since I don't know a thing about that).
  11. T

My desktop setup

I'm European, so I can't get American stuff like Massdrop or Atom Lab without paying HUGE taxes (Last time I bought a 175€ headset I had to pay 85€ from various bills, taxes, and border control) I was going for the Fiio since there was a ton of amazing review on it compared with really high-end...
  12. T

My desktop setup

Hey, I think think that I thought about everything, so I want to be sure that I'm not missing anything before buying the rest of my desktop setup. What I already have: Audio Technica at2020 (mic), Scarlet 2i2, Beyerdynamic DT990 pro (250 ohms), Hifiman Edition XS My planned setup : DAC/AMP...
  13. T

How do I know it'll be good?

Well, lucky me my ears are REALLY average like if you ask someone to draw an ear, that's mine. For my headphone choice, I already committed to the Hifiman edition XS, and I'm sparing for the Fiio K9 pro to replace my amp. Still wondering if the K9 pro isn't a bit too much but that amp is...
  14. T

Well, I know that I won't get a degree in sound engineering after reading a few articles and posts about Hi-Fi. But I'm trying my best to get at least a good overview of it :) And yeah those measurements seem to be part of the answer that I'm looking for ^^ I'm in the process of learning to...
  15. T

More than recommendations, I want to learn how to make those choices. I'm the type of person that wants to get a grasp of everything, and since I was a bit frustrated about some things that I couldn't figure out, I asked here to understand what is the difference between 1 amp and the other...
  16. T

So no needs to spare thousands of dollars to get a good setup, that I understood. But at which point are we spending for the 5% you spoke about? Is it at 1k+? 2k+? I tried some headphones in a store by testing one after the other in each price tier. As I can say some are clearly overpriced, the...
  17. T

So, if I follow you, even if they do sound a bit different it's really hard to which is the best and I should just go on the one that fits my budget and power my gear while having options that I need? No need to go further than that? For the headphones I agree, if they sound good but are...
  18. T

Hey, For about three months now, I was learning about Hi-Fi trying to know how you create a setup, and for the most part, I've got the grasp of it but there are some things that are still a total mess in my mind and I don't know how the hell you can choose without making an A-B testing which is...
  19. T

Help to finalize a setup

What are the AVR that can run the LS50 (and the rest) cleanly? I heard that those are quite hard to drive.
  20. T

Help to finalize a setup

Hey, I'm here instead of my brother that got some sweets deals on some audio gear and wants to finalize his setup but doesn't know what he lacks. What he got : - a pair of KEF LS50 - Focal Evo 5.1 - Headphones Sennheiser HD660s He would like to use all of that the most optimal way to listen...
Top Bottom