Search results

1. H

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

All artists I would pick have already been mentioned. But I'll be redundant anyway. Jim Croce Warren Zevon And most certainly, Harry Chapin. The best storyteller of them all. Terry Kath. The best rock guitarist of them all.
  2. H

Can someone interpret these ATV measurements?

11 posts down. Check the video too. https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/newest-atv-is-lacking-in-build-quality.35381/#post-750194
  3. H

Suggestions for Dolby Atmos speakers?

I'd go on/in wall. The sloped ceiling complicates anything reflecting or in ceiling. Get something with adjustable directivity or surface mount units built at an angle. and mount in/on the wall.
  4. H

Emotiva C3...is it just me or is this even dumber than C2+ in terms of mid drivers

They look to be the same tweeters. Aren't they all the same 25 x 32 mm units?
  5. H

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

I only see speaker terminals for 7 channels. Where are the connections for the other 7 channels?
  6. H

The impossible decision of buying an AVR/AVP!

What is the OP going to get that isn't dated? He has a max $2500 budget, only needs 5.1, and wants good auto EQ and balanced outs.
  7. H

His initial review was poor. His updated review was much better.
  8. H

Will this or a similar used unit work for you? Only 4k and no Auro 3D though, but definitely within your budget. Fully balanced, Dirac EQ processing. Also reviewed fairly well on ASR. Emotiva XMC-1
  9. H

Cary Audio - Sad experience

I would have jumped on the $100 ship cost and let them repair it. With fuel prices as they are, $100 seems more than reasonable.
  10. H

Snake Oil Department, Top This

I own a vintage Oracle Delphi turntable. A threaded record spindle clamp comes with it as standard equipment. The platter matt might have some concavity built into it around the label area as well. It's a light weight piece of aluminum, so it doesn't add much mass, but once in place and...
  11. H

Dolby Atmos Music

But do you find the Atmos rendition of these "stand outs" any better than the straight 5.1/7.1 renditions? I don't have my system fully dialed in yet, but so far it seems the Atmos adds very little to the experience for me. In the case of the Rush and the Fleetwood Mac, the 5.1 Bluerays/DVD-As...
  12. H

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

I think what you are saying pertains mainly to Processors. And within that group, then biggest offender is the gear that is not sourced from Tonewinner. The power amps and the loudspeakers are mostly well accepted. On the value front, If the MC-1 serves the customers purpose as my UMC-200...
  13. H

The majority of the listed "bugs" were addressed after a pair of firmware updates. Most importantly was the bass routing. The unit still has a few flaws IMO, but they are minor for me. I would expect firmware updates for the MC-1 as well. I do have a problem understanding how Emotiva (and...
  14. H

My son has a Pioneer AVR that's about 4 years old. It does resample to 48kHz when using EQ. If my memory is correct, so did the first version of Audessey. Dirac is the only system that did not AFAIK I cant speak for the Yamaha gear.
  15. H

I think it resamples any digital input >48kHz to 48kHz. I dont think it digitizes the analog inputs unless the BM and/or EQ is turned on. That is also the way my UMC-200 works. I do wonder what it does with something like an 88.2kHz signal. Does it resample to 48kHz or 44.1kHz?
  16. H

I did some searching and found test results (Audioholics) that confirm my suspicion that the UMC-200 I have been using (and am quite happy with) was also down sampling to 48kHz when using bass management/room EQ. See link below (measurement section)...
  17. H

See if changing the HDMI options in setup solve this for you.
  18. H

The test unit is mine. I own a UMC-200 and my satisfaction with that unit prompted me to look into the MC-1 for a planned move to Atmos. The rest of the Atmos equipment upgrade is installed and ready. My biggest worry is how there is no way to process digital inputs beyond 48kHz. I have a...
  19. H

According the the manual, bass management is active even when in "Pure Mode" for digital signals Pure - applies the least possible processing to both analog and digital sources. Bass Management and distance correction are still applied with digital sources, but not with analog sources, and...
Top Bottom