Search results

1. L

Kali SM-5-C Project Santa Monica 3 way passive monitor announced

Kali has an upcoming deep dive video on the SM-5-C tweeter releasing this Friday:
  2. L

New Kali Audio monitor

Kali has an upcoming deep dive video on the SM-5-C tweeter releasing this Friday:
  3. L

New Kali Audio monitor

The official introduction video was released 2 weeks ago but not posted in this thread: Introducing Project Santa Monica: The SM-5-C Kali claims that the new tweeter design doesn't have the high frequency diffraction issue on the IN series: They also said Erin or Amir would get a pair (I...
  4. L

Kali Audio LP-UNF

That's not good news considering how bad the MV-BT measured: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kali-audio-mv-bt-review-balanced-bluetooth-receiver.21083/ Unless the performance of the bluetooth module is improved greatly by firmware, it would be better to use external...
  5. L

Kali Audio LP-UNF

Have you considered the possibility of your unit being defective? If other people doesn't encounter such issue, you should contact the retailer or Kali to get replacement.
  6. L

Kali Audio LP-UNF

Erin said it's "probably the best speaker in that size class he has come across" in this Daily HiFi discussion: It seems that we can expect a very favorable review.
  7. L

New Kali Audio monitor

Genelec are made in Finland and Kali are made in China. For me personally, Kali needs to offer significantly better price/performance to justify the purchase. I'd argue that people looking at $1500+ speakers usually have more flexibility in their budget than people buying $500 speakers, since...
  8. L

New Kali Audio monitor

https://www.youtube.com/live/FUMHMGFMNbw?si=9MOYjiAhiPv4WSE9&t=2960 Kali said they plan to get these on the market in Feb 2024. They also said the powered ones will be $1700 each. That's much more expensive than I expected. Hope they beat Genelec.
  9. L

Is it possible to eliminate IMD in coaxial speakers with DSP?

When listening to designers of coaxial speakers, a lot of them talked about limiting intermodulation distortion by limiting the excursion of the woofer surrounding the tweeter. This is done through either adding another separate low-frequency woofer in Genelec, KEF and Kali design or using a...
  10. L

New Kali Audio monitor

Kali repled to me in the Facebook post that there will eventually be an active version: https://www.facebook.com/kaliaudio/posts/pfbid02PLhNQGNANLAUPYrW4QUC6RPwsKz3rim8xxuCXA6mhdyJRvyQ8CqzUKuSDWieeSwFl Don't know how long it'd take though.
  11. L

Focal Alpha 65 EVO Review (Studio Monitor)

It’s impressive that Focal manages to achieve this level of performance without DSP. However, at this price bracket the Kali IN-5 should be a better choice for most people. I’d argue that even the LP-6 2nd Wave measures better than this one.
  12. L

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

Surely the LP-6 is better value. However, the IN-5 is flatter and has more consistent directivity between 300hz and 3000hz which is another advantage of 3-way due to having a dedicated midrange driver. Since human ears are more sensitive to sound in this frequency range, I think this should be...
  13. L

Master Index for Audio Hardware Reviews

I asked Topping when will the DX3 Pro come out on their official Taobao store (in Chinese). They said Nov.11 or Nov.12. However, I don't know if it'll be available at the same time globally.
Top Bottom