Search results

1. Endibol

Benchmark DAC3/WiiM mini SPDIF output settings selection not working?

I have a question: I hooked up a WiiM mini streamer via toslink to the Benchmark DAC3. In the WiiM mini app you can choose both sampling frequency and bitrate. However, whichever setting I select, the DAC3 keeps on indicating 48 kHz and 24 bit. Does anybody know what's going on here? Is it the...
  2. Endibol

Added value of MC cartridges over MM? Do we really need MC?

I wonder what benefits MC cartridges bring over MM-types: -Amplification is more difficult due to the approx. 10x lower voltage output signal. -The signal is more prone to all kind of unwanted interferences and noise. -MC cartridges are typically much more expensive than MM-cartridges. These...
  3. Endibol

Do upsampling DAC's still need "steep" reconstruction filters?

For some time I am wondering why modern DAC's are still judged on the steepness of their reconstruction filters. What I understand is that (almost) all DAC-chips nowadays have on-board upsampling functionality. Suppose a common 44.1 kHz signal is upsampled 8x, which would mean a sample rate of...
  4. Endibol

At which sound pressure levels are loudspeakers calibrated to achieve a flat perceived loudness curve?

From the Fletcher-Munson curves we know that the ratio between sound pressure level per frequency needs to vary with overall loudness level in order to perceive equal loudness over the entire audible spectrum. At low listening levels much more energy is needed for a bass note to sound equally...
Top Bottom