Search results

1. R

Using REW to integrate a subwoofer in stereo system?

I am running my speakers full range. I have a very simple set up (but it makes for an uncluttered desk!): Tidal on laptop -> integrated amp (via optical) -> passive bookshelf speakers & powered sub (via pre out from amp). I don't need groundbreaking bass but something to fill in at the...
  2. R

Using REW to integrate a subwoofer in stereo system?

I have been able to use REW and apply corrective filters thanks to some very helpful people from this forum. I am going to investigate a small sub to fill the low end better and hopefully balance some room modes. Can some equally helpful individual kindly help me understand how to do it? The...
  3. R

Assistance in creating REW EQ filters, please

I'm not sure if it's my ears that are still a bit 'off' from the virus but the balance sounds a bit strange, as if its biased towards the the left channel. But this may be due to the position of the speakers - they are quite far apart relative to my listening position.
  4. R

@thorvat thank you for the well wishes, hope you had a good holiday. See below a comparison between predicted and measured: Would you be thinking about tweaking the filters based on that response? Also, what do you think is going on at about 600Hz in the comparison below? Are the responses...
  5. R

Thank you for taking the time to do that, sorry for the delay - I have had a fever. Should I be generating different filters for each channel? I feel like that might be a stupid question but i'll ask anyway! Edit: what would you do about the peaks at 4k and 10k?
  6. R

Yes - I am moving the mic around my listening position but it's pointed towards either the L or R speaker depending on which I am measuring (just like in the video). I hope that is correct? I've done a fresh set of measurements: each channel with mic pointed towards speaker and mic pointed...
  7. R

I will take some more measurements - in the case you suggest with pink noise playing on both channels where should I point the microphone?
  8. R

Hi @thorvat I have been playing around with the MMM and I can see it's benefits already. Average of 4no readings for each channel, no filtering yet: What do you advise for manual filtering? Thanks
  9. R

Thank you, I appreciate the link to the video. Is there any reason to avoid the auto EQ? For some reason, my room/system give me some fatigue after a while so taming the HF is definitely needed. Switching back and forth between the filters I currently have with LAConvolver, I can't understand...
  10. R

Thank you once again for the reply. I'm using Neat Acoustic Motive 3 speakers - they are a small British manufacturer. I actually did think about pushing the speakers into the corners to try and leverage some better LF response. The plots from L & R seem to align a little better too - I think...
  11. R

Thank you for your reply - my other concern was the mismatch in L & R channels (your image shows the R channel). In some freq's there appears to be a substantial db differential - around 100Hz, 400Hz and 3kHz for example:
  12. R

Hi all, I have spent the best part of the day measuring my room and I am getting more and more confused with what I am expecting. I have taken measurements in an empty room (apart from my desk, photo below) and added in the limited acoustic treatment I have and tested each time. This is...
  13. R

Did my first measurements - what do they mean?

Thank you for your reply. What window size would you recommend for general stereo measurement?
  14. R

Thank you for your reply. I am considering treating the ceiling but the rear wall is actually mainly a built-in cupboard and the door is next to it. I can measure nearfield but how close should I position the microphone? Sine sweep or pink noise?
  15. R

Hi, I got my UMIK-1 today and did a series of measurements at my MLP. Below are some screengrabs from REW. VAR smoothing for the SPL graphs. I'm in a modest room - 2.5m x 3.5m x 2.5mm (width by length by heigh) and I am sat facing the 2.5m wall. Desk with large monitor and two laptops either...
  16. R

EQ Software for Windows, Linux, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and Android.

Hi all. New member here. I have measured my room using REW and now I am unsure how to use the resultant filters. I'm using a very old mac (10.11) and I would like to know what software will accept .txt filters or .wav impulses. Many thanks in advance.
Top Bottom