Search results

1. R

Speaker Wire - wife acceptance factor

Thanks everyone. I am leaning Canare. Briefly Googling I may be able to get it in black. After about a 20 foot run along the baseboard I will drill down into hardwood floors behind my corner-round trim along the baseboard to my basement and pop-up at speakers. I might get some tech flex for the...
  2. R

Speaker Wire - wife acceptance factor

I need to run speaker wires along 30 feet of my living baseboard and hardwood floors to two tower speakers. Semi-historic 1903 house. The ideal cable housing is a SIMPLE black color with no text describing the wire specifications every 3 feet, looked wrapped in shrink tube or have a fancy...
  3. R

A Call For Humor!

Maple, Ash, Fir, Oak, Birch, Dogwood?
  4. R

Anyone has experience with Bryston BR-20 streaming preamplifier?

I think the comments are quite entertaining, but distracting. The remote works well. It is simple, intuitive and serviceable. What more is needed? Yes it also has a technology, a pc? Hardly, but hold my pearls! Sorry to be grumpy, but dang people.
  5. R

Anyone has experience with Bryston BR-20 streaming preamplifier?

I like my BR-20 quite a bit. I stream Roon through it to a Bryston 4b3 amp and out through Legacy Signature speakers. Sounds fantastic. I also run its HDMI to a overhead projector for a home theater. End game for me.
  6. R

Teflon pans

I prefer carbon steel and use it to cook every day.
  7. R

End Game Speakers

I am so appreciative of these types of insights, e.g. physical weight by others, voicing etc. A few other folks have mentioned the JBLs. (I am noting this all). To your point his ears are definitely tuned to over 50 years listening to his Ess speakers with the AMT. He bought those speakers...
  8. R

End Game Speakers

Ha! Shittt. Bah! He likes his old cars. That is mainly what he cares about. He has a 1970s era MGB and Jag XK-E he's been tooling since he pushed the latter down the street from an old garage into his. He's the expert there for sure over me.
  9. R

End Game Speakers

Another good gut check--appreciated. The Revels 228/328s are asterisked on my list from everyone's input. I joked with him that his ultimate end game speaker is "just a sub"--that's all he can hear! Ha. Not that you were at all saying that at all, but I thought that was a chuckle. Knowing he's...
  10. R

End Game Speakers

I'll consider the 328s more. I've read they are very good (more modern but perhaps not quite as good as Salons2), but I won't resurrect that debate!
  11. R

End Game Speakers

Those are beautiful. I didn't dig very far, so forgive me but if you have reliable measurements for those I'd like to see them.
  12. R

End Game Speakers

That is actually a keen consideration that concerns me. The guy has had some hernias from home repair and frankly isn't strong anymore.
  13. R

End Game Speakers

I appreciate the opinion that the Aeris speakers are universally appealing.
  14. R

End Game Speakers

It's the combination he's looking for. He mentioned the Legacy Aeris so that gave me the hint the speakers should be in that family of aesthetics and acoustics. Seems like there are some other good options in that category. We're probably won't be auditioning speakers. Maybe we hear one option...
  15. R

End Game Speakers

Sal, that is great to hear. I'm with ya there. He's into the Legacys and if that is what turns him on, we'll heck. I'll talk over the other options with him. At the end of the day I want thd old guy to smile when he turns up the volume.
  16. R

End Game Speakers

Those Avalons are just gorgeous. Wow. Focals look sweet. Yeah the Utopias are out of $ range, but I'm sure they sound great. Appreciate the suggestions. Good stuff. The old man with those or JBLs would be a happy camper.
  17. R

End Game Speakers

Just So right. I drove down and plugged in my Rythmik sub at his house over Thanksgiving and he said he'd never heard anything like that. It was horribly integrated, but none of that mattered---AT ALL. He'd NEVER heard ANYTHING like it his entire life. That is most in part what brought him to...
  18. R

End Game Speakers

Good questions. Big speakers do mean something to him. He's old school, gosh, I am kinda school too. The end game cannot be 12"×24"...its gotta have a bit of a wow factor. I told him up front that the Salons2 were on my very short list, but I wanted him to be excited and I doubted myself there.
  19. R

End Game Speakers

Towers, full stop.
Top Bottom