Search results

1. N

Reisong A10 EL34 Hi-Fi Audio Stereo Tube Amplifier Single-end Class - A Review

I have identical pairs of Klipsch RP-150m I use for a separate theater setup and some little Rolls mixers for switching sources and outputs as well as a db phone app for level matching. I use these as a crude but somewhat controlled setup to subjectively test various equipment in the intended...
  2. N

Thank you Jim for your thorough response! Talking with people like you to learn more is why I’m here. Your Kodachrome example is excellent. We can measure how color is distorted in a way that is pleasing to some despite not being accurate. Through reading the forums I learned that second order...
  3. N

Yes, please. I came here looking for scientific evidence to help evaluate my qualitative impressions, but instead only found a preponderance of evidence that you are a jackass. Luckily I am too. As a “technical expert” would you care to contribute rather than dismiss and challenge? Why do you...
  4. N

Correct. My point is equipment with “poor measurements” can result in a pleasing presentation of the source material which can add realism despite not being technically accurate.
  5. N

Thank you all for this review, measurements, and all of the discussion. It’s helped me understand possibly what makes this amp sound so great to me and others here. Perhaps we are interpreting measurements incorrectly or measuring the wrong parameters when we seek a flat frequency response with...
  6. N

Cambride duo preamp sumiko moonstone cartridge

Sumikos are sensitive cartridges for MM. I have the Moonstone and really enjoy how detailed and dynamic it is. The Cambridge Duo is fixed at 39dB, 3-5mV, 47k ohm, 100pF for MM. An adjustable phono preamp with the gain set in the 40s might be a slight improvement. You’ll also notice an...
Top Bottom