Search results

1. T

Denon X4700H tuning on/off thump in pre-amp mode

I got an Onkyo TX-NR801 on CL really cheap. Using the 801's 4 channels of its 7 amps with multi ch in and pure audio mode for my 4 in-ceiling speakers there is no more turning on/off pop :).
  2. T

Is there a "best choice" among pre/pro units under $3,000?

I got an Onkyo TX-NR801 on CL really cheap. Using the 801's 4 channels of its 7 amps with multi ch in and pure audio mode for my 4 in-ceiling speakers there is no more turning on/off pop :).
  3. T

Thanks for the reply Steve. That give me a hope to continue to try some settings to eliminate my pops. I wish that I have 4 more amps to drive my in-ceiling speakers then I'm confident I would not get any pop.
  4. T

Hi Steve, I know I'm late but just hope you can share your experience with me. I'm having a similar settings as you do. Preset 1: All 5 floor speakers are powered with ext amps through pre-out and the 4 in-ceiling atmos speakers are power by my X4700H; Amp assignment is 11.1 with front LR set...
  5. T

Understand that. What I was trying to say is if I configuring None to the height speakers in a no pre-amp mode, will that be effectively 'disconnecting' the signal to those in-ceiling speakers' internal amps? Or in other words, are those height speakers effectively being put in pre-amp mode...
  6. T

No. I probably should give that a try.
  7. T

I must remembered wrong! So in pre-amp mode, power is still connected to the internal amps. Only the audio signals to the amps are disconnected? If this is the case, then when configuring with a 5.1 setup, which doesn't have audio signals to the in-ceiling amps, effectively there will be no...
  8. T

The in-ceiling speakers are connected to the X4700H's internal amps but they are only used for the preset 1 which is in amp assign 11.1 Ch mode. My preset 2 is in pre-amp assign mode and it's only configured to use the 5 floor speakers. The in-ceiling speakers are not used for preset 2 although...
  9. T

Thanks for the reply Peng. When turning on I always have my X4700H on first and then the amps are on about 20 seconds later. For turning off, I'm not too sure which is off first because both the X4700H and my amps are off at about the same time. The thing puzzling me is the same on and off...
  10. T

My X4700H doesn't have any turning on/off thumps/pops in 11.1 channel amp assign mode with 5.1.4 plus TS setup. It's totally silent. This is my preset 1. For preset 2, I have pre-amp amp assign mode with 5 floor speakers plus one Sub. I notice the tuning on/off thumps in this setup. It's no too...
Top Bottom