Search results

1. D

Interesting new studio speaker design from present day production

I made the inference from "Kudos for doing a DIY job and not letting your business flop". Fair enough, no problem. If you are happy with the acoustic treatment videos and we'll take it as read that Atmos is more than just for movies (I did not know that). As a consumer of music I found these...
  2. D

If you must know: The differences between mastering for vinyl, digital and online services. The impact of Atmos on the music industry. Acoustic treatments for a studio. The optimal sample rate for recording digital to name but a few. Also led me to 'Acoustics Insider' which I also find...
  3. D

Thanks for that. For all the goofing around that site is a gold mine of information. I found that last video fascinating w.r.t. the effect Dolby Atmos is having on the world of music production. Nobody expects the dynamic range police!
  4. D

Are sound absorbers safe for our health?

DIY Acoustics Absorber Material The material inside the panels were wrapped in thin plastic. Includes before and after measurements. PS. I tried listening to my speakers with a plastic bag over them. No obvious difference.
  5. D

Rule, Britannia!, Britannia rule the (sound)waves!

Hi All, My friends, don't forget England isn't Britain! Linn is Scottish and Nytech and ION were made in Wales! One interesting (and possibly unique) aspect of British Hi-Fi was that the upgrade path for many manufacturers was to 'go active', often with third party speakers. Nytech, Linn...
Top Bottom