Search results

1. F

Purify / Low Distortion Filter for (Rigid Cone) Mid-Woofers

Here you might find some info on how to prevent to emboss the distortion profile of rigid cone woofers by the common resonant peaks. See article "Low Distortion Filter ... " at https://purifi-audio.com/tech/ I never thought that would be possible, often told people otherwise, but here you are...
  2. F

One step further than CEA/CTA-2034 standard

We all believe the CEA/CTA-2034 standard defines how a good speaker should behave. That said, what about stereo? The standard is derived from an evaluation decidedly based on monophonic, subjective and so far unquestioned listening tests using quite popular common regular recordings, asking for...
  3. F

Buchardt 700

I appreciate Erin's latest measurements of the Buchardt 700. What I find quite intriguing is the use of bass speakers plus a dedicated midrange of the same type. The low cross-over frequency prevents from spoiling the midrange with inevitable intermodulation products generated by the basses. But...
  4. F

Recommendation? 6-channel analog audio with common volume control.

Maybe You can help me out. I don't find an apropriate product for my needs. For my humble stereo I use a Behringer Ultradrive Pro with digital input from an USB soundcard. Used as a crossover + equalizer it devides the stereo into 3x2 = 6 channels. That need power amplification, and...
  5. F

Listening Window Versus Toe In

When using the Klippel machinery to evaluate speaker performance, a reference axis has to be chosen. It is always the normal to the front panel, originating in the tweeter's center or alternatively in between tweeter and midrange. How does this align with the quite regular set-up of not toeing...
  6. F

RFC: 3- or 4-Way?

I was asked to build a bespoke speaker for real bookshelf mounting. The size was restricted to 10 liters of internal volume. Bass reflex was out of reach, because every realizable port would have limited the output first and mostly by the infamous chuffing. Passive drones would be too heavy to...
  7. F

DML And Waveguided Speaker Combined?

See graphics below: The loudspeakers AC and DC have relatively narrow dispersion of constant directivity 90° by 60° nominal from about 800Hz on. Otherwise I would consider them ‘perfect’ in regards of available extension, spl, HD, IM, no resonances etc. Nice cousins to JBL’s M2 maybe. When...
Top Bottom