Search results

1. M

Integrated amplifier advice

NAD is good choice. Either with BluOS or skip that and go WiiM for streaming. I'd avoid MusicCast, Yamaha w/o it is good.
  2. M

NAD M10 Streaming Amplifier Review

I agree this is for older Audiophiles that are ' downsizing' ha! I’ve had my M10V2 for a couple years now and can echo the points above and a few more - it does sound very nice in my office with a pair of Dali Opticon 5s. I’ve also used it in my basement for much louder playing and it has...
  3. M

NAD 50 Anniversary C 3050

Just a confirmation that the 'balance' controls are, to me, really poorly implemented. - Yes there is the reported behavior (confirmed by NAD) that the balance controls only attenuate by 7db on either channel. It barely makes any difference practically speaking. Apparently this is true on...
  4. M

NAD 50 Anniversary C 3050

Finally got round to this. Comparing the C3050 LE to my 45yo NAD 3045. Incredibly, they sound very very close. I’d say I could not distinguish the two hardly at all. I can tell a difference running a couple different Marantz amps (a newer NR-1200 and a vintage 2218) So I guess NAD can claim...
  5. M

Marantz NR-1200 review

Not exactly. The 70s lacks AM/FM. And I’m sure it’s improved.
  6. M

Marantz NR-1200 review

I realize it’s late but that’s the point. The Marantz NR-1200 receiver has been discontinued but new in-box product is available on Amazon and elsewhere for under $400 now. I needed a simple and inexpensive receiver for my garage so I took the plunge and am impressed. For only $400 you get -...
  7. M

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Purchased one for my sons house. Very impressive looking physically. I’ve used the WiiM software and once again it was rock solid. Set up was a breeze. Running into a set of older JBL tower speakers that I gave him that can sound very nice with the right input… And this worked very well. Sounds...
  8. M

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Here is a recent take on a couple 'surprising' best/worst: Best: Prima Luna Evo 400 integrated amp...outperformed an equivalent McIntosh in an A/B test in an excellent listening room with speakers and music I'm familiar with. The PL had great spatial separation, made the Mac seem very flat...
  9. M

What was your best (and worst) audio purchase for the dollar?

Best: NAD 3045 integrrted AmP I bought in college and still sounds great https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/3045.shtml NAD 4030 Tuner which was the best tuner I have ever heard JVC KD-65 cassette deck was tuned to great specs and sounded awesome DBX 118 Dynamic Range Expanded...
  10. M

The Yamaha R-N803 seems to be just a total winner - What am I missing...?

One more update: I took my R-N803 to a reputable (and authorized) yamaha repair shop where I have had other work done. Yes they are a little expensive so i expected maybe $150 to fix if it was just a $2 capacitor as @jirkas suggested. Alas the whole board was deemed bad to them and they wanted...
  11. M

NAD C 700 BluOS Streaming Amplifier

BTW I should say that ON BOTH the M10V2 and C700 when you DO pick a single preset....it DOES show the station/preset graphic. Here it is on the C700 for the preset 'Smooth Lounge'
  12. M

here is my C700 and M10V2 screens...M10 has the icons...C700 has same channels (almost the same) but NONE show the icons even though they are supposed to. its an acknowledged bug they refused to fix for the C700. Its the reusing to fix an visible UI bug that infuriates me. they advertise the...
  13. M

Dirac Reviews

Quick update on my experience since I started this thread: I contacted Dirac support and I must say they were very accommodating. They even allowed me to move my full spectrum license from one amp/room to another amp/room. I made more tests and although they were better, my conclusion was...
  14. M

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

The sound track to that movie is great by the way.
  15. M

I know I'm late to this thread, but I thought I would just give my review of the C 700 having owned it for almost. two years now. The pros are that it's a very small form factor BluOS is good in general (except for when they do new releases, which are riddled w bugs and inevitably take some...
  16. M

Dirac Reviews

Thanks all for comments thus far...I guess my perception so far is: - The impression I HAD was that Dirac was 1) very consistent in delivering better sounding systems, 2) using a fairly simple process of measurements and 3) built in algorithms. Perhaps not idiot proof but relatively simple and...
  17. M

Dirac Reviews

Great comments and around and good food for thought! Thanks
  18. M

Dirac Reviews

Has anyone seen a quantitative list (e.g. a poll) of user ratings for Dirac? I ask because I am astonished at the difference between what I hear versus what is publicly tossed about by professional reviewers (pundits, magazines, audio stores etc.). Nearly all rave about Dirac (including from...
  19. M

Buying: Auditioning vs Research

It came to me recently that I’ve significantly changed how I think about buying audio equipment and wanted to share it. For years I always auditioned equipment in person and felt that was required. I even created a list of 10 top tracks on CD that I would take with me. But a few years ago I...
  20. M

The Yamaha R-N803 seems to be just a total winner - What am I missing...?

Final update on my R-N803. I did get the service manual and tried the procedure to reset from a protection mode state. No dice. I don’t plan to pay to have it fixed nor try myself. It’s a boat anchor now unless someone here wants to take on the job. I’ll give it away for free (you pay...
Top Bottom