Search results

1. A

Sunfire Cinema Grand Review (5-channel Amp)

Not going to argue with you. No need to when you state the Truth. Others pointed out some red flags of this review & product along the way, but you weren't one of them. When highlighted & other factors discussed, you still deny the facts even though they are right there in front of you...
  2. A

As as far as "kicked up dust" go, the results on this amp prove you wrong. This is all quite real. The power supply is not filtering & rectifying the mains to a high level of narrow band purity, so that distortion is passed into the active circuitry. This lowers the resolution via an...
  3. A

Never said anyone was too dumb. If that is what I thought, I would be wasting my time here, wouldn't I? Remember, I gave credit where credit was due. "They did the best that they knew how". Most never looked for it because they were taught it didn't exist. Once folks start looking, the...
  4. A

That is the point and I acknowledged this in a previous post. I also specifically stated that most products are NOT properly engineered, can use some help & even gave specifics that could be added to any / all designs in that regards. Even with a properly designed component, there are...
  5. A

And if anyone wants further explanation that what I have provided above, educate yourself, buy some advanced & well calibrated test equipment & think / do / learn on your own. Nothing that I'm saying is new or not well understood. All quite basic & easy to understand when one stops making...
  6. A

I think that they are less than educated and / or experienced if what I'm saying doesn't make sense. Quite honestly, I don't care what their credentials or claims are if they can't grasp the points that I'm making. Then again, this happens all of the time. Have to walk in & show the...
  7. A

What electrical characteristics make up a "filter"? How physically long or big does a "filter" have to be? Are all filters active or can they be passive? If passive, is this not just a matter of juggling various power transfer characteristics to achieve desirable results? Are there...
  8. A

I am saying that a power cord can alter the the AC as fed into the device in a controlled & predictable fashion IF well designed. If the device the power cord is feeding doesn't have a well designed power supply and / or the AC feed into the power cord lacks purity of spectrum, such a power...
  9. A

RichB I think that Mr Carver has always left WAY TOO MUCH to the "bean counters". This is primarily what has handicapped most of his designs. The lack of expenditure to gain match & assure quality of internal componentry is most of the reason that the units don't sound as good as they could /...
  10. A

Spkrdctr: For me to educate you as to how a power cord CAN alter sonics (beyond required ampacity) would be to give away potential trade secrets. Mind you, I'm not in the field of "high fidelity" audio products, but that doesn't mean that I'm not entertaining the thought of entering the field...
  11. A

They do when the amp can drain a 20 amp circuit & you have a 16 gauge cord feeding it from the factory. On top of that, Amir mentions the AC line noise being fed right through the power supply into the amp. Power cords can be designed with specific electrical attributes, can they not?
  12. A

This amp was defective, out of alignment & needed love. To judge all others by this (very limited) review sample is pretty ridiculous. While Amir tested what was sent to him, this should have been noted in the review. I am glad to see a few others that are sharp enough to have caught what...
Top Bottom