Search results

1. C

Weird: HF dip when L+R are driven, flat when just L or R is driven

From the fun-with-iPhone-RTAs department: I was just messing around with the RTA app on my phone, playing pink noise. I noticed a dip of about 5 Db in the high frequencies centered at about 9K and stretching in a U shape from about 6K to 12K. I decided to use my balance control (remember those?)...
  2. C

The truth about those threads titled, "The truth about..."

Punter, I know these are yours, and this is just a doff of the cap! When I first started seeing these, I thought someone must have a pretty lofty opinion of his or her expertise in certain areas, enlightening us on his or her idea of THE Truth. And to tell you the truth, I certainly haven't...
  3. C

Dongle DACs for main audio system?

Apologies for my lack of understanding of this product category. I’m trying to get up to speed, but I’m not there yet, and my terminology may not be correct. What I’m looking for is something like the Audioquest Dragonfly—but with more competent engineering (I’ve seen Amir’s review). I want...
  4. C

"Estimated in-room response" and nearfield listening

I'm fairly new here and am slowly getting up to speed on Amir's and others' speaker measurements and philosophy. While trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak, I have not yet discovered any information on the question I have in mind: What relationship do graphs of "estimated in-room...
  5. C

Adam Audio connection question

I have only an unbalanced connection option for my Adam Audio T5V speakers (no balanced output option). The manual says to set the Input Switch to -10 dVB when using an unbalanced connection. But what happens if I flip the switch to +4 dBV? Or what happens if I use an unbalanced cable with an...
  6. C

Audiophiliac Steve Guttenberg reviews the Genelec G Three...

...and he likes them. He really likes them! Audiophiliac review of Genelec G Three
  7. C

Introduction—and thanks for pointing me to Adam Audio (with questions)

Hello! New member here, although I’ve been lurking long enough to have gained some valuable knowledge. One thing I learned about is the Adam Audio T5V. I was curious, so I bought a pair from my local Guitar Center, and I must say, I am VERY impressed. To me, one of their biggest virtues is that...
Top Bottom