Search results

1. N

Quebec audiophile shows off his new Hi-Fi system, very expensive set up

The problem is that you think he feels and thinks like you. He probably don't do that and changing X for a cheaper and "better" equipment will probably don't make him as happy as he is now. It don't matter if there is placebo or he gets a "better" measureble sound, he will most likely still...
  2. N

Maybe some "warrior" can cry why they don't buy just because of the specs.
  3. N

"Disconnect with reality"? Are you for real? I need to inform you that most people, outside keyboard warriors on forum, choose what to buy depends on many things. Most people don't buy a car 100% because a couple of specs.
  4. N

This thread is really good to show us bullies and terrible people to set on ignore. :)
  5. N

People like you are the worse. You think you know so much better what X want, thinks, dream and needs then himself. Maybe you are a better person to choose who he should marry too? Adios.
  6. N

I just love those monoblocks, they look so nice. And this thread really show how toxic ASR is with snobs that are looking down people that are happy with their system just because they don't choose the same stuff you do. One will never win over people by looking down at them.
  7. N

Size does matter for music?

Subwoofers are needed but one should not forget the 80-300Hz bass that the main speaker plays.
  8. N

Size does matter for music?

Like other have said, go back to the 15" and get a couple of great subwoofers.
  9. N

Why do passive speakers still exist?

I have nothing against active speakers. It is just the the cult-like behavior of people who can't understand why every loudspeaker isn't active.
  10. N

That is true. It depends. "There is no world's best [crossover]filter. Which is best depends on both prerequisites, application and goals." /Ingvar Ohman.
  11. N

Firstly, Salon2 is not irrelevant. It is by many praised as a very very good speaker. So if active is so much better, where is the speaker that is as least as good as Salon2? Why is it than so hard to find a active speaker that outdo Salon2? Secondly, in what way is active speakers more...
  12. N

So you are just talk? The same with suggestion of a active monitor that is as good or better than Salon2. And why is most of the best manufacture still doing passive speaker? Didn't they get the hallelujah memo?
  13. N

Show me the study that back you up. And what about the active monitor that as good or better than Salon2?
  14. N

Past failure? Because of what? Show me a study that prove what "audiophiles" think what you say. What professional monitor are better than Revel Salon 2 and have at least the same SPL capacity?
  15. N

What do you base this nonsense on? It is the manufacture of top performance speakers that choose passive filters. I believe that Revel know more about filters than keyboard warriors on a audio forum.
  16. N

C) Or them (or some of them) prefer those huge passive tower speaker over small active monitor? How dare they think they can choose by themself without approval from the "active-speaker crowd"?...
  17. N

Magico M9

Beautiful speakers!
  18. N

Creating bass weight and impact?

Why should I listen ourdoors?
  19. N

Measure your C50 in REW and tell us how your bass sounds!

Thanks. Still looking for improvements but because it is a "normal" living room there are limitations to what I can do. I have still not played with DSP for the bass.
Top Bottom