Search results

1. A

Mismatched dual Sub models but same Brand?

Would it really matter if one sub was a Klipsch R-100SW and the other a Klipsch SPL-100,?They have same very similar freq responses and more than enough watts for my needs, same brand, same sized driver, both ported and front firing. I see a number of similarities on paper between them, the...
  2. A

Subwoofer Comparison

Silly question:My current sub is from 2006 but the main specs are: Frequency response 30–200 Hz (at maximum crossover frequency) Crossover frequency 50–200 Hz (variable) Maximum output power 150 W Dynamic 20 cm woofer Some of the new subs today seem to be the same or slightly less on some of...
  3. A

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

What have people's experiences been with using the Multi EQ/Dynamic EQ/Dynamic volume? I've experimented a little and found: 1.You don't have to turn the volume as high to get the same 'loudness' compared to having these features turned off, in fact 0-30 on the absolute scale is no longer...
  4. A

How is amplifier frequency response measured?

If you're comparing receivers or external amps with different frequency response ranges , say one is 20Hz-20Khz and another is 10Hz-25KHz-is there going to be a noticeable difference in sound between the two, all other things being equal?
  5. A

Oh great, so the A-500 is basically redundant? Live and learn I suppose. Would there be any point trying the Dolby upward firing speakers with the A-500? It looks like there is often a difference between what is technically better and what subjectively sounds better to a specific individual.
  6. A

I just tried only running the front L and R from the Basx A500 and the rest of the 7.1.4 from the AVR, it actually sound better, like a more 'full' sound compared to running LCR and surround backs off the A-500. Surround effect was more immersive and there was more bass. AVR did run hotter...
  7. A

Emotiva launched new generation of BasX amplifiers

Another aspect for those of us outside the US:The Emotiva's automatically detect the voltage and adapt to it. No need for transformers and such. The Monolith/Outlaw/Parasound models I've looked at will only run on 110-120volts so we can't even import one from the US, do you know what I am saying?
  8. A

Emotiva BasX A-500 5-ch Amplifier Review

I bought this one as my first )and so far, only) Power Amp. I use all 5 channels-LCR and surround backs in a 7.1.4 set up with the Denon X3700 as the AVR. I found it does help at mid-to high volumes, not so much when at low loudness. Sound is clearer and more defined, I also noticed more bass...
  9. A

Has anyone actually run the 3700H in pre-amp mode where every speaker is on an external power amp and the AVR's amps are turned off? How much of a difference does it make to the sound compared to having only the LCR on a power amp? I have a 7.1.4 where theLCR and surr back run on an Emotiva...
Top Bottom