Search results

1. J

Robbie Busting Audio Myths at CanJam NYC 2024

I'm not questioning that's the case. My previous configuration wouldn't. Just encouraging folks not to spend on a fancy cable to achieve 192.
  2. J

Robbie Busting Audio Myths at CanJam NYC 2024

True but need not be anything fancy. No problem with 24/192 from Wiim to SMSL DAC with cheap toslink cable in my system.
  3. J

Rob Watts at Canjam on RF Noise

I found this an interesting presentation by Rob Watts of Chord. He posits random RF noise as a huge remaining problem in digital audio, leading him to favor optical connections, batteries, and mobile phones :-) . Curious to hear others on whether Rob gets it right on this matter of random RF...
  4. J

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

Sometimes she uses it , sometimes she doesn't. She's a good enough vocalist that it's unnecessary but go figure. Here's a non Autotuned performance.
  5. J

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

I think those two albums are terrific . Good writing, performance, production. I'm 67 FWIW. I listened to them after Ryan Adams did a cover of her "1989 " album. I even brought my daughter back into the TS fold, and have thus seen her concert films many times. I understand perfectly well why...
  6. J

Best dap for new comer?

My LG V60 has been rock solid on Android 13, no reason I see not to update.
  7. J

Best dap for new comer?

Can't beat that for value. Enjoy.
  8. J

Best dap for new comer?

I have the single SIM US T-Mobile unlocked edition which has been the best for OS updates.
  9. J

Best dap for new comer?

Why would you need a dongle with the V60. Whole point is being able to use its internal DAC isn't it?
  10. J

Best dap for new comer?

Absolutely not. Runs great on stock Android 13. Only change I've done is to use Nova Launcher.
  11. J

Best dap for new comer?

Can't imagine that being the case. Considered the V50 but preferred the form factor, better battery life, and updated software of the V60 (don't value MQA). I found the V30 to have some glitches but the V60 is the best phone I've ever owned (and I'm 67 not 16 or 20).
  12. J

Best dap for new comer?

Battery life on the G7 bites. Get the V60. It's awesome, lasting a full 2x as long as my Pixels. https://www.tomsguide.com/us/lg-g7-thinq-battery-life-and-charge-time,review-5394.html
  13. J

Best dap for new comer?

Batteries in digital devices typically don't last in good shape more than "a few years" thus if the LG is used primarily as a DAP the lack of OS updates ought not be a big problem. V60 is on Android 13 (more recent than many DAPs) and software like USB Audio Player Pro will be good for updates...
  14. J

Best dap for new comer?

If available where you are I'd recommend the LG V60 over the G7. More recent software, better battery life. Only possible negative is lack of MQA support if that matters to you. V60 battery life for FLAC playback on USB Audio Player Pro (for example) is better than 90 percent of available DAPs...
  15. J

SOLD: RME ADI-2 DAC

Price drop $825.
  16. J

SOLD: RME ADI-2 DAC

Bump and clarify the unit comes both the original remote and the upgraded model.
Top Bottom