Search results

1. J

NAD T778 Audio/Video Receiver (AVR) Review

One question, I have noticed that different settings in the presets also change the maximum volume (output), that the receiver allows. For instance, on the preset, where my subwoofer is ser to off, the maximum volume of the NAD is -7db, whereas on the other preset, where the subwoofer is set to...
  2. J

I'm refering to the information printed on the back side of the AVR. On this photo (taken from: https://nadelectronics.com/product/t778-surround-amplifier/) it states, that the power rating is 1200W. On the model, that I have at home, it states only 1000W. The found the difference also in some...
  3. J

I've noticed different power ratings for the t778 in different documents, published on NAD internet site: her 1200w: https://nadelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/NAD-T-778-Surround-Amplifier-Data-Sheet-1.pdf; here 1000w...
  4. J

Please, share your experiences with us.
  5. J

Hi, yes and no, so I always listen to multichanel audio, whereas the front speakers are set to small (at 80 herz) and with a sub. Regarding the sound. What I also find interesting is, that on Marantz I always listened to all sources with DTS upmix, it was exciting, powerfull, lively, warm, top...
  6. J

So i have received the answer from Nad: “Regarding the Fan operation in your T778, the fan speed will adjust according to what the units thermo sensing circuit that measures in the 9 Amplifiers and power supply. The amplifiers will increase in temperature the louder you play audio, and the fan...
  7. J

So I wrote to NAD customer support. If they will answer, I will let you know. But im sceptic. @oupe, this tells me, that this is not problem only for my sensible ears, its just that it seems that people want to like this receiver, as i did, and that is why they dont want to talk about the...
  8. J

I made a short video (with my iphone - unfortunatelly i dont have better equipment) - unfortunatelly can not upload it for you to hear the fan.
  9. J

And here are the current amps temperatures. Dont tell me they are overheating?!
  10. J

But thanks for the advice. I will do as you suggest. Update restart and unplug. Fingers crossed.
  11. J

Check this out. I just turned it on and made a photo for you to see the speed of the fan. This photo was made immediatelly after i turned the unit on.
  12. J

I dont know. The fan starts working immediatelly as I turn on the receiver. I dont understandt why is it so either, it makes no sense. The receiver is positioned on the cabinet, with nothing on top of the receiver or on the sides, it has plenty of ventilation. Maybe I should make an inquiry with...
  13. J

So, I own T778 for about 6 months now, comming from Marantz SR7500 and even before that from an Onkyo receiver (i cant remember the model, I think it was 595). My experience with NAD T778 so far. Hmmm. If NAD wanted to make audiophile receiver, they failed totally. The fen noise is so loud, you...
Top Bottom