Search results

1. T

Is Anthem overrated? Considering switching to Denon

Call me new-school, but I much prefer the PDFs. I keep the print manual, but it just sits in the box. That said, I agree, the Anthem MRX remotes have much to be desired. My original 510 remote also got that sticky plastic syndrome issue, and it lived the last 5 years of its life in a plastic...
  2. T

Panasonic SA-XR57 Multi-channel Receiver Review

I recently purchased a pair of KEF LS50 Meta to use with my SA-XR55 in my bedroom, and I continue to be impressed with listening to this little receiver.
  3. T

can't tell if trolling or just that clueless?
  4. T

I recently had the Denon 4700 (refurb) and the Anthem 740, and even with the Anthem being more than 2x expensive I felt the Anthem was significantly enough better to keep it over the Denon. If all you watch is movies you'll be happy with the Denon for less money, but for music the Anthem is more...
  5. T

AVR with eARC, 5.1/7.1 analog input, Dolby and DTS?

DSD to PCM conversion loses the time domain advantages that DSD provides. As you said, though, if playing back an SACD through an AVR is what's going on, time domain issues will not likely be noticed. But just to be complete in what is lost in that conversion.
  6. T

Panasonic SA-XR57 Multi-channel Receiver Review

I've been lurking here for a while. I finally came across this one for a receiver I bought new years ago and still use in my bedroom. It's outlived two previous Denon receivers I've owned, and will shortly outlive my Anthem receiver. Not for those other ones going bad, but this is one is small...
Top Bottom