Search results

1. xovaan

Speaker placement and subwoofer integration for a small living room using MiniDSP SHD + REW

Hey again! Long time no see :) I'm looking to revisit this thread and project since I've updated the firmware on my Minidsp SHD and lost my presets-- I was wondering if there was a succinct way to get back up to speed? I tried to go back and look at our prior posts but a lot of it is greek to...
  2. xovaan

Speaker placement and subwoofer integration for a small living room using MiniDSP SHD + REW

Oops, just saw this-- apologies! I'll give it a try this weekend and will let you know how it goes :D First I need to organize my cables, they're a horrible mess around the DA-9 and SHD and might be contributing to my speaker noise floor being audible when in proximity of the speakers :(
  3. xovaan

Yeah— that null is a bottomless pit :( I’m actually unironically considering putting my second subwoofer 70” off the ground to fix it since everything else sounds fantastic
  4. xovaan

Haha noted-- I'm gonna look into some things I can experiment with today :D
  5. xovaan

Gonna be looking into stands today-- when you say 25%, if my ceiling is 102 inches high and the 25% point is 25.5 inches, does this mean that the center of my subwoofer's driver measures 25.5 inches from the floor?
  6. xovaan

Yeah, without question— your Dirac target helped make the music have more life / physical presence and the extra tweaks like the vent sealing and baffle calculations that you recommended really brought it all together. :) With my other attempts, I’d mute the speakers to hear the subs and there...
  7. xovaan

Ahhh for sure! It's gotta be insanely late there haha. You have no idea how appreciative I am for the help man! Update: using your Dirac target and this sounds incredible hahaha
  8. xovaan

Here's the measurements for left and right channels using your matrix after timing alignment. It's crazy how close both channels match! Gonna give it a listen and then try your Dirac curve :)
  9. xovaan

Ahhh awesome!! I am so stoked! Should I do the timing adjustments again prior to the Dirac and listening?
  10. xovaan

Ah I see-- so this is Trace Arithmetic Sub * Sub.frd and Speaker * speaker FRD So I increase gain on the subs until it hits 100 at the A*B crossover points?
  11. xovaan

kk, sending these from my PC to my laptop: Left speaker BDR from calculator (with 9999ft this time): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wYR5yoCxd5sE3j0OoebRpo3RmlVo-vdg/view?usp=sharing Left sub BDR from calculator...
  12. xovaan

Yeah hahah :D So these are the settings for my subwoofer-- is the observation point the distance from cone to mic, or listening position to speaker?
  13. xovaan

kk, here's the first sweeps for left and right, no baffle step adjustment yet-- are you saying I need to get the baffle step for my subwoofers as well, as I did with the speaker towers?
  14. xovaan

kk, at 1" distance for speakers and subs, and -6dB applied in the SHD, all four are ~79.8dB-80.1db (fluctuating) -- speakers ran with the 20-300hz pink noise and subs ran with the "sub" 30-80, not sure if that matters for the sub or not?
  15. xovaan

Oh apologies, my SMSL amp has a volume range from 0 to 70 and it's at 47 and staying at 47 forever now haha. For the subwoofers, they have an unremovable fabric cover and I don't know if I can safely remove it-- the anechoic guide says mic distance should be 0.05x the diameter of the speaker...
  16. xovaan

Ahh, I see! For my prior tests, I got them pretty close to 80dB with my amp at 47/70, SHD at -17, and REW at -10. So I'm gonna use the amp and these metrics as a starting point and turn the SHD wayyyy down and use it for my tests, yeah? Noted! Testing now :)
  17. xovaan

Ahh, back-- had to step out for a sec and catching up on your post. So you're saying I'm doing the anechoic test on the subwoofers now too?
  18. xovaan

Sounds good-- I just gave it a listen with some bass-emphasized songs and I don't believe I can pinpoint where the bass is coming from Songs I used to test: Jonathan Wilson - Desert Raven (psychedelic rock) absinth3 - Wanting More (slow funk/edm) Vok - Adrift (downtempo/edm) Run the Jewels -...
  19. xovaan

With gain matching, am I gain matching sub to sub, then left sub to left speaker and right sub to right speaker, or sub to sub, then sub+sub to speaker+speaker? Or something else entirely? edit: they're all matched-- speaker+speaker is the same as sub+sub, and each individually matches when...
Top Bottom