Search results

1. C

1970s and 1980s Students! Reveal yourselves

80s collegiate here. Dire Straits Brothers in Arms is a great sounding record. David Bowie, Let’s Dance was at every party In its day. Roxy Music Prince tracks like Purple Rain and 1999 are iconic For earlier 80s Squeeze is good choice, too, though I’m not sure how the audio engineering holds up.
  2. C

Lossless from Apple Music Classical.

I am longing for the Apple Classical App on the AppleTV for sure. I gotta believe they are working on it. I’d love to see a version for my Mac desktop as well. In the meantime, if I find something I like I can add the album and then play it from the Apple Music app, or I download the tracks and...
  3. C

Starke Sound AD4.320 Review (Multichannel Amplifier)

We definitely mixed track order a lot. Not sure how level matching would work since we're playing straight from a DAC, but maybe we could do something. The blind test I was thinking of was basically to cover the wires so you can't tell which amp is live and but then the listener can play with...
  4. C

Could be. The goal was to decide between the Emotiva ($1099) and the Starke ($1399) and my wife didn't have any idea of the cost of either and she had a very decisive opinion without any prompting from me.
  5. C

Well, shucks, I just got mine yesterday and have been listening to it quite a bit for the past two days. I've been running it exclusively in 2-channel bridged mode. It sounds pretty great to me. I have it driving a pair of Revel M106s. I've been comparing it to an Emotiva XPA-2-Gen3 and my wife...
Top Bottom