Search results

1. C

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Try to swap some hw and don't tell about it, than just wait
  2. C

Difference was huge for us, but I don't state it is huge for everyone.
  3. C

Come on, there is no way to prove different sound without measuring them, right? Not a long time ago our knowledge of aerodynamics was so poor, that there was no way to explain why bumblebee can fly, it was against physics
  4. C

RME has much better bass, solid, more focused, so there was no mistakes in my guesses. Test material was track Arroyo from The Mask album by Erik Truffaz. My wife agreed to change d70 to adi 2 after listening sessions without a word - difference was so obvious.
  5. C

I'm was using RME ADI 2 DAC FS as reference, same active monitors, level matched with SPL meter. This time I used source switching device and my wife helped me with DBT.
  6. C

Guys, how many similar subjective opinions do you need to confirm d70 bass problem?
  7. C

I compared it to AK4490 DAC, not Sabre. For me bass was too weak, otherwise DAC is perfect.
  8. C

I don't recommend buying this without listening session. It's not bad at all, but has very specific soft sound.
  9. C

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOPPING-D70-Balanced-DAC-Decoder-XMOS-XU208-AK4497-OPA1612-DSD512-32Bit-768KHz/283569056050?pageci=13afbc96-9194-49c8-9535-5c9c48b6ccfa What next? 150$? Very strange.
  10. C

Yep, I know what ABX is. I don't have equipment to match levels and perform fast DAC swapping. Can you please stop thinking everyone else less smart than yourself, it's not acceptable.
  11. C

Yeah, I'm not scientist at all, let's wait for someone with required hardware to perform ABX.
  12. C

I know what ABX is, thank you, no need your advice about what forum should I visit also. I have only active speakers for now, ABX is not an option.
  13. C

Rebecca's Pidgeon "Raven" and Buena Vista Social Club albums a great for this purpose. Any other well recorded acoustic guitar and piano should be ok.
  14. C

So I should close my eyes to make d50 sound better for me? Come on, let's get back to d70.
  15. C

Let's say just ordinary human, you can hear it also, just take two dacs and listen. D50 and D70 for example)
  16. C

Acoustic guitar and piano sounds better without hump, more details and more natural sound, vocals also. It's not distortion like noise, pops and so on.
  17. C

No, I don't have equipment to record it. It's not big deal to visit local dealer and compare these DAC's by yourself if you're interested.
  18. C

So you should listen it in room where it was recorded or build same room in your apartment)
Top Bottom