Search results

1. M

Connect Sub to Cambridge Evo 150

Coincidentally, I bought the Evo 150 and SVS 3000 Micro recently. I've just finished configuring the SVS 3000 Micro and equalizing it using REW and thought I'd post some notes. The SVS 3000 Micro (just SVS from here on) manual says, when using LFE input on the plate amp, the low-pass filter is...
  2. M

Cambridge Audio is (also) moving to Ncore...

Given that both the CXN and EVO have digital preamp stages, it would be a straight-forward software matter to implement DSP functions within the streamer or integrated amp. NAD does this. And Cambridge already has DSP capability within their signal chain as they upsample all digital signals to...
  3. M

No doubt. And not coincidentally CA makes two phono preamps. The Solo is not pricey, but the stack does add up! I understand the Evo phono stage is based on Solo (CA’s MM-only phono pre separate). So likely comparable. I struggle with the increasingly tall stack of separates in the...
  4. M

I think you make a good point. Even if ignoring the lack of analog inputs, the CXN misses on configurable DSP/EQ onboard (though it does have on-board DSP capabilities, upsampling all digital inputs to 384KHz and supports digital volume, there is no EQ function, not even basic tone controls)...
  5. M

I'm challenged that the CXA81 does not have a phono input. I'd like to plug in my Denon turntable, which does not have an RIAA compensated line out. And if I have to buy a phono preamp separately (or a new TT with in-built preamp) that's more cost. The EVO 150/75 has MM phono input. The CX turns...
  6. M

You're describing the CXNv2. Balanced outputs, all the same Stream Magic inputs (including Roon Ready multipoint parametric equalization, DLNA, Qobuz, Tidal, AirPlay2, Chromecast, low-res Internet radio, and Bluetooth if you add a separate dongle), but without analog inputs. Nice screen and...
  7. M

This made me laugh out loud. I got one of these (the last item in your post) years ago for free from the bank when we opened an account. Recently, our bank gave us a Harmon Kardon Google Home speaker for refinancing with them. Home audio is becoming the new toaster. I feel you man.
  8. M

Modern streamer pre-amp help

I thought I'd take a few minutes to add to this thread, though it is a bit old now. Apologies if there are better ways to post reviews. I own the Cambridge Audio CXN(V2) and have had no difficulties with the older 2.4G WiFi band with this device. When it streams from my music server, from...
Top Bottom