Search results

1. Epos7

Pics you’ve taken,

"Misty Mountain Hop" Blue Mountains, Washington State Fujifilm X-T5
  2. Epos7

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Are there any good reviews/impressions of the Flex HTx floating around? I have two subs and two mains currently, although I'd like to keep open the option of adding a center channel in the future. Currently have a Denon X3700H, Parasound P6, and March Audio P452. If I added a center, thought...
  3. Epos7

Pics you’ve taken,

A hike in the Blue Mountains of SE Washington this past weekend.
  4. Epos7

Pics you’ve taken,

Taken in August with my Fujifilm X-T4.
  5. Epos7

Best bluetooth headphones?

I have a pair of Master & Dynamic MW-65s. When I purchased them, reviews touted them as having better sound quality and worse noise cancelling when compared to the Sony and Bose options. I can't personally say how they compare to other Bluetooth options, but I can say they are exceedingly...
  6. Epos7

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Thanks for all the input, it is very much appreciated.
  7. Epos7

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on an SHD. Is there a preferred source here in the US? I was set to pay the extra $15 to order from Deer Creek Audio then did a last minute search here and came across the negative experience referred to 5-6 pages back. Should I just order direct from...
  8. Epos7

Search a good stereo amplifier to integrate in a multichannel HT

Parasound P6 doesn't have music streaming, but it does have a built in DAC and HT bypass with XLR inputs/outputs.
  9. Epos7

Matching Gain to Output Voltage

One problem I have been struggling with regarding my proposed setup is how I might integrate Dirac for my non home-theater sources. I originally intended to use a miniDSP 2x4HD on the subwoofer outputs of the P6, but I think I would prefer to have DSP on higher frequencies as well. I think my...
  10. Epos7

Persian carpets: what type?

https://nzwool.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/ACOUSTIC-PERFORMANCE.pdf Because of their more open surface, cut pile carpets are generally better sound absorbers than loop pile carpets; • Sound absorption is reduced if the carpet...
  11. Epos7

Persian carpets: what type?

I've bought a number of rugs from ecarpetgallery.com. I like that they provide a good description of each rug, including pile height and type of construction. I wonder what (if any) acoustic differences natural fibers have vs synthetic fibers. Most mass-produced carpets/rugs these days are...
  12. Epos7

Are there any options for adding additional inputs to the SHD? I have ordered a Parasound P6 to use as a preamp, primarily for its home theater bypass function. However, I want to add Dirac to my system eventually, and was have been considering adding a 2x4 HD to the subwoofer outputs on the P6...
  13. Epos7

Preamp quandary for 2.1 or 2.2 stereo

That's a bummer. Shipping in general is a nightmare right now. If it makes you feel any better, I paid for a monitor in May that is finally scheduled to be unloaded at port in 5 days.
  14. Epos7

You have $2500 for a pair of subs. What do?

I just purchased two Rythmik F12SE myself, but my room is smaller. Given the size of your room, going with the larger subs seems like a good decision.
  15. Epos7

Cool, thanks for walking me through it :cool: Does not sound like a major concern at all.
  16. Epos7

Revel - Big Price Increase

Figures, just as I was starting to consider a pair :D
  17. Epos7

Thanks! I'm looking forward to getting everything set up. My only concern is the P6's advertised 88dB SINAD is significantly lower than the other components in the chain. I don't know if it's something that would be audible but I was hoping to find something with comparable features that...
  18. Epos7

I checked in with Rythmik and they suggested an RCA cable would work just fine, recommending the LC-1 from Blue Jeans Cable. Blue Jeans has been my preferred cable supplier for over a decade so the LC-1 should do nicely. I also realized if I'd used XLR, I wouldn't be able to add a miniDSP 2x4...
  19. Epos7

That makes sense, thanks for the detailed explanation! I'm planning to use XLR cables for the subwoofers, so the output will be 4V. I could be convinced to use the RCA outputs - Rythmik recommends XLR which is why I was leaning that way. These Rythmik subs do have gain adjustments from +3dB to...
  20. Epos7

Not sure if I completely understand - I don't think the sub output level is enforced when in bypass mode? I need to turn this over in my head a few times to make sure I'm understanding correctly.
Top Bottom