Search results

1. L

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

I recently purchased the SU-1 and use in conjuction with a Bluesound Node connected by USB. I have TIDAL source and no issues streaming, but I am a bit confused by the MQA lights. GREEN: streaming or files in MQA format. BLUE: Playing in MQA studio file. MAGENTA: Delivering final unfold of MQA...
  2. L

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

In Aug 2021 I was able buy a new pair of f208's in Nashville for $3,000. Seems that the dealers are willing to deal if you ask. The F228be's had little wiggle room and I could not justify more than three times the cost. I am really impressed by the f208's and likely could not find a speaker for...
  3. L

ErinsAudioCorner

The fact that you know a nixie tube is quite telling! Saw a fair number on Naval ships. Not many these days.
  4. L

Marantz Model 30

You are exactly right. After 15 years serving onboard Aircraft Carriers my hearing isn't what it was in my early 20's when I attended a concert a month. My first exposure to a hifi system set the hook and I chased what I thought hifi should sound like for a long time. Once I retired and started...
  5. L

Marantz Model 30

You are 100% correct in theory. The straight wire amplification philosophy would really negate the sonic differences between manufacturers, but it seems that the myriad of possible differences in design or quality of components have an influence in sonic characteristics and impart a desired...
  6. L

Marantz Model 30

In person the amp is very solidly constructed and the plastic front in question does not look cheap. To be honest, I would likely not have known if not pointed out. The look, finish, fit, and feel of the controls is superb. The sound is what sold me. I enjoy the combination with the Revel...
  7. L

Marantz Model 30

In person the amp is very solidly constructed and the plastic front in question does not look cheap. To be honest, I would likely not have known if not pointed out. The look, finish, fit, and feel of the controls is superb. The sound is what sold me. I enjoy the combination with the Revel...
  8. L

Marantz Model 30

I purchased one with Revel performa3 f208's and a bluesound node. I enjoy the setup and the Marantz 30 is a great combination with Revel speakers. I don't find the plastic detracts from appearance or performance and would purchase again. As it should be, I made my decision on what my ears liked...
  9. L

I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF IT.

This is my first post and I wanted to give some personal background so folks know who I am. I am not a electrical engineer, I have a bachelor's in History and an AS in applied science/electronics. I am a retired Navy Chief Warrant officer who spent 22 years as a enlisted Fire Controlman who...
Top Bottom