Search results

1. Robot_Assassinator

At What Point Does A Lower Bitrate/Sampling Frequency Or Higher Digital Compression Become Audible To You?

I decided to make my own informal-but-trying blind codec test using music I'd actually listen to on my default listening system. Songs: One Armed Scissor - At The Drive-In and Giant Steps - John Coltrane. The Coltrane comes from a 24bit source, ATD-I from a FLAC ripped from the remastered CD...
  2. Robot_Assassinator

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

Aaaand a second post - I'm currently trapped in Australia because of Covid-19, but by preference and occupation I would be living in Turkey, so I'm going to make some recommendations for the Turkish music industry which is huge and underrepresented. First, two Turkish psyche artists, because...
  3. Robot_Assassinator

Artists you like who are famous in your country but who are virtually unknown to the rest of the world

I worked for a long time in the music industry in the English language market but outside the US and UK. Most bands in the US (and UK) have a somewhat proportionate level of success and fame outside the US relative to their fame inside the US, like the Devotchkas or the Dickies. To answer the...
  4. Robot_Assassinator

Music is dead.

That's gold, that is. <3
  5. Robot_Assassinator

Streaming Up,Privacy Down and Musicians on the Endangered List (new report)

The article is from a site called 'union of musicians', so it probably should be taken as read that the intended audience don't need an explanation of any unfairness to be stated explicitly. "While musicians have contributed nothing to these values to the consumer. The music was already...
  6. Robot_Assassinator

Streaming Up,Privacy Down and Musicians on the Endangered List (new report)

At this point the musician would be better off if they had a PayPal donation bucket attached to their Instagram account and we all pirated their lastest album from bittorrent and then put ten cents in their PayPal as a charity. They'd be coming out in front.
  7. Robot_Assassinator

Charlie Watts RIP. Surely it's all over now?

*looks at the Who's tour schedule* "Saddle up, Keith. We still haven't played Liberia or North Korea, and those Russians love our work from the eighties."
  8. Robot_Assassinator

Qualcomm announces "aptX Lossless" bluetooth codec

I was excited about this until I saw that it's still adaptive. Call me cynical, but my general lack of faith in Bluetooth leads me to think any given AptX Lossless use will spend to little time at actual lossless to be better than LDAC.
  9. Robot_Assassinator

Music is dead.

Apologies to revive a three month old comment, but I did this with a friend one night when nothing was happening to specifically test the "is all new music crap" theory, a theory we were both slightly biased towards. We went through charts of the top ten selling singles of every year singles...
  10. Robot_Assassinator

What are we listening to right now..

Good job. I like it.
  11. Robot_Assassinator

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

Neil Young's Dead Man soundtrack. Jim Jarmusch's revival of the Acid Western. It features music from the film, plus Johnny Depp reading William Blake poetry, plus dialogue from the film, and there's a couple of tracks that feature music from the film with a car idling buried in the mix despite...
Top Bottom