Search results

1. A

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

What about 80db attenuation in original review and now 100db+ in hugo 2 ? Is there any reason you did not post hugo 2 100db+ attenuation in original test ? And you say it was not deliberate ?
  2. A

Dear sir, this is not accusation at all. But you could always remove headphones while clicking between bypass to 16x.
  3. A

This is not an excuse for not doing listening test.
  4. A

You see the point of demanding 16x filter attenuation and slope is the attenuation shown with topping dac in original review which was only 80db. At last amir did post the filter attenuation with 16x and hugo 2 saying he did not post it earlier as he thought hugo 2 was already having very sharp...
  5. A

Did you know that you can switch to bypass mode from 16x in single click.
  6. A

These were not part of original review.
  7. A

I thought this was not the part of your review. Thanks for posting it here in comments. I see hugo 2 with lesser taps has less sharp filter but m scaler with more taps has sharper filter which is almost vertical. Stretching the horizontal scale can more clearly show the difference. Topping's...
  8. A

Exactly, but again the same question remains why no listening tests were done with 16x hugo 2 ? Excuse of the gap between pass through and 16x setting is not remotely acceptable. Also why filter slope and attenuation not tested with hugo 2 and 16x ? It is certainly not simple, specially...
  9. A

@amirm But filter properties like attenuation and slope are not provided for 16x. Is it deliberate ? Even after too many posts no response for the same and also avoiding the comments why listening tests were not done at 16x when going from 16x to pass through is only one click ? Why there is...
  10. A

This sharpness of filter at 110db attenuation is not achieved by any dac not even by Dave.
  11. A

This is Dave+m scaler from golden sound. Here filter attenuation is 110db not 80db.
  12. A

Amir measurements of filter is at 2x and 4x
  13. A

This product is certainly not crap. It should be measured with Dave or tt2 or even qutest/mojo 2 at 16x upsampling to get that brick wall filter attenuation.
  14. A

@amirm as you told earlier this is digital output (around 120-130db attenuation), doesn't the digital output has to go through analyser's own dac for this graph ? I am not expert though.
  15. A

Imo it's not that difficult to go from bypass to 16x. You can't go direct from bypass to 16x but you can always go 16x to bypass. I have tt2 with m scaler and i use it at 16x. At 16x there is definite improvement in depth and imaging perception. Vocals are locked more solidly at centre and...
  16. A

4x upsampling of 48khz to 192khz will not force a dac to not apply it's own filter. So upsampling 48khz to 768khz (16x) makes more sense. Rob may have his own reasons for designing 2x or 4x filters but imo performance of 16x filter is more important.
  17. A

Main purpose of m scaler is to filter and upsample to "16x" so that filtering of dac is mostly bypassed. If you do 2x or 4x then filtering of dac comes in picture. That's why i asked attenuation at 16x with "compatible dacs". Non chord dacs are not compatible with dual bnc so 8x could have been...
  18. A

@John Atkinson So how much is the attenuation of m scaler ?
  19. A

This is from golden sound review
Top Bottom