Search results

1. R

Why are voices almost always boomy?

I don't know if it's just my ears that are sensitive to this range but when listening to mainly male voices no matter where or what system I am hearing them through, there is often a boominess that comes along with it. Almost muffled even. This is most noticable in spoken voices like in...
  2. R

How do I interpret EQs from different people?

I'm learning about EQ adjustments at the moment and have found several sources that seem to provide a decent starting point but I don't completely understand how they came up with their values or if a different balance suits different purposes? Is room correction different? Or maybe it doesn't...
  3. R

How does bass quality and bass extension work?

Polk S15, 50Hz frequency, many complaints of poor bass IK Multimedia iLoud MTM, 50Hz frequency, universal praise Are there any numbers I can read to understand the differences here? I understand they are different products but is bass not bass?
  4. R

Any Audioengine A5+ competitors?

I've been searching for a good pair of speakers to use at my desk via a PC and the Audioengine A5+ comes recommended from our lord and savior Amir. However, it's not in my nature to accept one recommendation, I need to create a spreadsheet with 25+ different options ranging from $400 to $2000AUD...
  5. R

I still need advice for desktop audio

I'm currently using Audioengine HD3 and am unsatisfied so thinking of upgrade paths. One option is to add a sub but I don't like the idea of having even more black boxes surrounding me and where do I put that thing? I could also replace them with something like the Kanto YU6 or A5+. My...
Top Bottom