Search results

1. O

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Thanks! I have been doing some research here and it seems that the granite solution is more about an acoustic preference than a pragmatic one to limit vibrations in the hardwood floor underneath. On the 8030C stands - interestingly B&H photo were sold out as was Sweetwater. Had to put in a...
  2. O

Honestly I am so happy with my setup, but I already have a "problem". My apartment (NYC, pre-war building) has hardwood floors throughout. My wife (2 rooms away) can feel/hear the sub's bass. I think this is in part due to reverberations on the hardwood floor. Before this becomes a problem for...
  3. O

Those stands look great to me. Not to bash the ISO 155 stands, but they are nowhere close either aesthetically or in practical terms, albeit a bit cheaper. Going to return the ISO stands and get 2 of those for the Genelecs. You do take off the rubber 'guidance' feet underneath, right?
  4. O

Alright, set it all up (2x 8030C and a 7050C) in my room, and love it. Even my wife came in and asked me to put on some...Backstreet Boys...and we danced around a bit. Then we got back to good music. Question: I bought these ISO 155 speaker stands before for my Shape 40s (which I returned), and...
  5. O

Thanks for this. Would a 7050C 8 inch be enough oomph with 2 8030C? EDIT: ordered the 7050C. Can't wait to set this all up!
  6. O

Thanks. I am trying to exchange the speakers I just bought (Shape 40s) for 2x 8030Cs, and pay the difference of course. I am 'concerned' that I might still want a subwoofer even with these. I have looked up a few, and am thinking of the SVS SB-1000 (or Pro? seems like the original is...
  7. O

Focal Shape 40 or Shape 50 any interest?

Thanks. My plan is to swap my Shape 40s for 8030Cs - and if I need more on the bass side I'll start the search for a sub in this price range. Bet you're loving those KH310s - I've heard them in person in Germany at a friend's place. Wife wouldn't be happy at the moment with those, nor would my...
  8. O

AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

Just ordered an iBasso DC03 - looks promising. Hope I like the sound :)
  9. O

Indeed - that version doesn't seem to be available any more, though.
  10. O

Or ^ on the above, just send back the Shape 40s to Sweetwater and exchange them for 2x Genelec 8030c ? Just finished reading that review here and think they might be the right fit for me, without a subwoofer.
  11. O

No it doesn't. With my cIEMs I actually used the Bluetooth/wireless attachment instead of the cabled (ugh, what a drop in quality). So I'd love to solve this. I just finished the whole E1DA 9038D thread and I think I'll give that a shot. Have also been testing my PC setup, still not quite there :)
  12. O

Apologies for necro-ing this thread, but I was about to create a new one. I have had the 40s for a few days now, and am listening to them through PC -> RME ADI 2 DAC -> 2x Focals. They are positioned on ISO stands at the right height. Like the post above me, as well as in a number of reviews...
  13. O

Thanks - I'm actually seeing your posts in that thread (which has a number of interesting discussions). Taking a look around, really want something nice for my cIEMs.
  14. O

Hey everyone, first post on the forum. I have been reading many different threads (especially the speaker reviews!) over the past few weeks. This thread itself was welcome, considering I was pricing out a new portable setup in the hundreds of dollars for...nothing. My question is this: I am a...
Top Bottom