Search results

1. Q

Burnt smell from speaker, but it’s still working fine. Should I be concerned?

I sometimes like to play loud (with concert plugs to protect my hearing). So anyway, I started blasting some Manowar, and on a fairly loud track (King of Kings) I suddenly smelled a burning smell. I immediately lowered the volume. My nose indicates it came from the port on my right speaker. I...
  2. Q

Is a passive transformer based line isolator with 600 ohm in/out impedance suitable for use with an AVR?

I’m in need of unbalanced to balanced converters, and I’m looking at passive transformer based solutions. I have a Denon X4200W, which is an AVR with normal RCA pre-outs My use case is AVR->Subwoofer (long cables that do exhibit slight hum with RCA cables) and AVR->power amp (horrible hum...
  3. Q

Audible noise/hiss from Hypex NC502MP based amp (KJF MA-01), is it to be expected?

Hi. I've recently received a KJF MA-01 amplifier configured with 3x Hypex NC502MP modules. When testing it with my speakers (Ascendo Immersive Audio CCRM12-P), which are specified as fairly sensitive at 99 dB/W, I can hear a hiss from the speaker. My room is a dedicated mancave/tiny home...
Top Bottom