Search results

1. Tadgh

Resolve's B&K 5128 Headphone Target - you can try the EQ's.....

It makes me sad to see blame for low-quality products shifted off of manufacturers with insufficient scientific credentials to advance the industry and onto metrological companies developing meaningfully alternative measurement tools, and the engineers who use them. The argument that the...
  2. Tadgh

Sony WH-1000XM5 - any plans for a review?

@Tokyo_John SoundGuys have a set of WH1000XM5 measurements taken on their B&K5128 that should be relatively reliable :)
  3. Tadgh

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Just coming back to this because I think it's an interesting point that went under-addressed. Given the average difference between male/female head and torso geometry and mass, as well as pinnae size - it's quite possible that the gender divide in Olive's testing did impact the Harman Curve's...
  4. Tadgh

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I would highlight that open-back headphones don't necessarily suffer from seal issues as you describe them, you can have a closed front baffle and an open rear. But you are right, closed back headphones get bass reinforcement from the rear enclosure which accentuates the effects :) I suppose...
  5. Tadgh

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

Could we get measurements with the ear located in different parts of the headphone cup? Measuring how the performance of a headphone changes when worn differently provides really useful information. Some headphones (K240s etc.) have dramatically altered performance when you're outside of their...
  6. Tadgh

Great idea, let me add on the price of new glasses / contacts / surgery so I can wear my $4,000 pair of headphones at my desk. A lot of users wear their both their headphones and glasses constantly, it's naïve to suggest that the performance of a headphone with imperfect seal is a "just get...
  7. Tadgh

Broken seal measurements and multi-position measurements should probably be a part of every review, for completeness's sake :)
Top Bottom