Search results

1. J

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

I actually had a listen to he400se, xs and h1000 already today. No eq, JDS El amp (wow that volume knob is really great). Did not really like the he400se, rolled off bass and treble it seemed. Now the XS, that fullrange bass was another level. A little eq closer to harman would make it...
  2. J

Wouldnt those be too similar? Planar bass, planar details and soundstage should be a compliment? I'll give it a listen.
  3. J

After first buying m50x and returning them since I really did not like them, and some weeks of research I landed on an open box 560s. For listening and some music production, no amp as of yet. Treble does not bother me, some boost at 20 hz and I am pretty happy. There is much more room in my...
  4. J

Can amplifier speed and resolution be measured?

Is this relevant to speed? From Firstwatt F6 manual.
  5. J

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Very interesting to see amp measurements. I am currently eyeing this DIY part: https://www.neurochrome.com/modulus-186/ Loads of very good measurements, and cheaper than ncore at 299usd per module aswell.
  6. J

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

Could have sworn it was neumann, but it was these i was refering to: https://barefootsound.com/micromain27/ I agree that it seems like a complicated tadk to replicate distortion on all dynamic levels. Since last post i have gotten some klipsch heresys. And to me the sound is amazing with the...
  7. J

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

So..maybe a second aca then, for monoblock action. Or..the m2:) decisions decisions.
  8. J

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

Thanks for the replys!:) Did a quick REW sweep on both, you can actually see the 2.order distortion on the aca! They both show about 0.55 total thd, but i guess thats the room adding stuff? Will try to level match and do a ab, albeit non blind, test. Is there an amp today with different...
  9. J

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

Way ahead of you:) there is actually a negative(?) idle current of about 20mv on both channels of the old amp. Found only two pots inside, probably for bias as they are close to the transistors. Asked for aservice manual from the producer, lets se how it goes. Aca amp is deadon zero dc. As for...
  10. J

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

Subjectively it sounds better, and i am searching for the objective reason for it. It might be that my old amp is a really bad match for my speakers, as it is way too powerful and I usually play it at about nine o'clock. I seem to remember reading that AB can sound worse at lower levels? And i...
  11. J

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

Pleasant is one part, but the micro dynamics, reverb decays and all around clarity has to be part of the class A difference in some way? Its just so much better than my AB amp.
  12. J

Amp Camp Amp Pre-Orders

Just built and tested the 1.6 kit this weekend. And I am thoroughly impressed! My speakers seems perfect for this amp. I have klipsch 280Fs. The sound is more pleasant, but at the same time more detailed and punchy, imaging seems more holographic. Everything sounds more real it seems? (Its like...
Top Bottom