Search results

1. S

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

This comment on entry to mid FI amps is just wrong in the vast majority of cases. If you buy an amp which offers balanced and SE, the balanced output as well as offering more voltage and wattage will almost always be of better sonic quality than the SE. Either buy a entry to mid FI SE only amp...
  2. S

interesting lecture for cam jam 2022

Yes that's the one.
  3. S

hmm I have broken up URL didn't seems to want to let me post
  4. S

https:/ /www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6d14cTiCjI&list =TLPQMjYwMzIwMjIhb5jAp9DBwg&index=1
  5. S

Torn: Focal Elegia vs. Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X/RT

Agree the hipdac in balanced output is slightly more powerful in terms of wattage and voltage than ifi‘s standard zen dac. i need some closed backs for round house when others about so I went for a pair of 1more triple drivers at a very good time limited deal on Amazon UK plus 20% of due to a...
  6. S

Schiit JOTUNHEIM 2 released

What is the maximum voltage in using RCA SE for the Jot 2, I want to use a Chord Mojo 2 into it and wondering if it will handle the 3v fixed or if I will have to use variable?
  7. S

xDuoo XA-10 Review (DAC and Headphone Amp)

Yes despite its poor measurements there are a large number of people who to them this unit sounds excellent for the price, I suppose they could all be complete audio novices or have damaged hearing or very low end HP’s. Ockams razor indeed, I don’t own the unit btw so no axe to grind.
  8. S

Recommend Opamp Upgrades for Xduoo XD-05 Plus and Aune X8

Because the Burston op amps for example which are a hybrid integrated and discreet would raise the cost by enough to tip it into the next 100 bucks, i saw the links to the articles I have also seen links to flat earth theory, of course an op amp changes the sound otherwise all would use 15 cent...
  9. S

Dan Clark Aeon Closed X upgrade to Aeon Noire Closed

There is a comparison on YouTube by DMS I believe if that helps at all
  10. S

what I am after is a headphone to use with minimal sound leakage, mainly around my house wn listening to any of my open backs isn't possible due to genre, time od the day etc. I like low bass and subbass but quality is as important as quantity and appropriate in terms of quantity as well. I...
  11. S

so is it worth me waiting to end March as in UK and that's assuming next batch isn't delayed or would RT be just as a good a bet?
  12. S

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

I'm amazed and great full for the amount of effort folks on this thread have put into the reviews and analysis of these headphones.I am still not clear if the Dan Clark RT or the X are the ones to go for. I am lacking a good pair of closed back headphones, I am not a bass monster but I do very...
  13. S

Audeze Mobius Review (Gaming Headset)

I did the exact same on mine, bit fiddly but well worth it for the reasons you mention.
  14. S

Audeze Mobius Review (Gaming Headset)

Incorrect, these are designed to be driven via USB with Bluetooth “as a convenience” I believe the manual says, it even basically says not to expect too much from blue tooth. Please tell me these test were not performed with it driven via aux which is basically discouraged esp as it has an...
  15. S

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I am thinking of changing out my topping e30 for the Zen Dac signature, I want the balanced output and the fact that on variable it can output up to 6.2v so could push some fairly serious mid tier balanced amps hard although the fixed 4v would normally be absolutely fine. I will get one from...
  16. S

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

thanks, so as an example my ifi Zen Can can run quite happily at full power with 2v in, so is this just a different design as many Amps mid and upwards do not rely on the DAC input power to reach their full potential.
  17. S

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

what is the relevance of not clipping under 32ohm sorry I don't understand the connection, so the gain on the l30 is dependant of the voltage input of the signal not the power supplied to the opp amps then?
Top Bottom