Search results

1. J

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

No not using EQ/PEQ yet but that is tangential to my question. To put it another way if I had EQ/PEQ could I detect a 0.2% difference in SINAD?
  2. J

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Still pretty new to this site so apologies if this is covered elsewhere and I haven't found it yet but when this unit gets a SINAD score of 123.8 is it fair to say the unit is 0.2% better than the Topping DX7 Pro+ at 123.5? It would then follow that the SU-10 is 3% better than the DO100. In the...
  3. J

What is "over produced"?

Thank you fieldcar! Interesting, I hadn't thought of the clipping and distortion as over production. It is definitely something happening in production to the point that playback is compromised. Definitely a good example of over production. I was not familiar with the term sidechaining so...
  4. J

What is "over produced"?

Apologies in advance if this is too much of a noob question but I have seen the term "over produced" mentioned in the audio world some here but more elsewhere (i.e. podcast Sound Opinions uses it all the time). Obviously this term is subjective at best and at worst dismisses some forms of music...
  5. J

Which lossless streaming service is the cheapest and has the best UI?

Yikes, I need to check my assumptions. If you are using Airplay, Chromecast, or Bluetooth I would check to make sure you can even tell the difference between lossless and 320kbit.
  6. J

Interesting, I was assuming the source was something better. If it is a phone I would probably just stick with Spotify or Apple if it is an iPhone and you are ok with their business practices and spend money on some kind of DAC which, if you don't have one, will improve the audio more than...
  7. J

Are money and UI the most important criteria? - Tidal has decent UI, pays artists better than other services, has great audio quality, plays with Roon, decent automatic mixes - Spotify has decent UI, pays artists worst, has amazing catalog, will have lossless sometime, relatively inexpensive...
  8. J

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Ironically I bought the Topping because of Schiit supply issues. I bought the Modius but my computer could not control the volume (PCs seem fine btw). So then I went to order the Magnius to control volume but the wait was 10 weeks so I bought the Topping to tide me over thinking I would just...
  9. J

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I was looking for a Dac and found this amazing site which was invaluable in figuring out what to purchase. My goal was to build a simple system that would produce great sound without spending "too much money." I wanted it hooked up to my computer since that is where I spend a lot of time...
Top Bottom