Search results

1. T

in-ceiling speaker recommendation for large space

I don't think you're coming off as jaded at all. My situation is complicated by the fact that they're doing all of the low-voltage for a new home build. They were selected for "best overall offering", not just for audio expertise. With that said, they seem to be pretty good and sell a lage...
  2. T

Thanks so much for your thoughtful posts. This is all very helpful information. Since this is definitely not for critical listening, the JBL or Revel options may be good, and the price is certainly right. I did look into the Meyer option, but there are no local dealers, and I have some...
  3. T

Thanks for the detailed info and for taking the time to do the modeling. It sounds like you think the KEF Ci200RR-THX would be the best option ignoring price. Is that correct? I am always up for a bargain, but I don't want to have regrets, and some of the options I'm looking at make that KEF...
  4. T

That makes a lot of sense, thank you!
  5. T

That sounds like a succinct description of the core challenge. That link looks helpful; I will check it out when I have some time to focus on it. Thanks!
  6. T

Yes that does help, I think. I need to reflect on it (no pun intended) a bit more....you clearly are much more on top of this topic than I am. I assume this is all complicated by using multiple pairs of in-ceiling speakers, which is what I would have in my room.
  7. T

The room is going to have tile floors, one side wall is mostly glass, the front wall is stone, and the rest is a mix of wood composite, appliances, stone, and some sheetrock. So, a disaster :) I don't think pendants are viable from an aesthetic perspective, unfortunately.
  8. T

Definitely yes on #1. For #2, I assume that can be handled pretty easily using DSP, yes? I am looking into the Meyer Sound options already, and will add Danley to my list. Thanks!
  9. T

Yes, it is 2 extremes. And the sound quality from the high-end towers will be lost on the room because of poor acoustics, yet something big enough to fill the space is needed (and I also have aesthetics to deal with). I will look more into the Genelec solution, but that seems to be geared more...
  10. T

I will drive them however they need to be driven...no constraints in that regard. Was planning to keep stereo, as I think this will still provide better sound. I have whatever sized void I need (within reason) -- it's new construction, and single story.
  11. T

It's single story construction, so there shouldn't be any construction issues with in-ceiling speakers. However, we will need to make accommodations for them, so I need to decide now(ish).
  12. T

It's a decorative wall that we can't make in-walls work with. Is there a specific reason you recommend Genelec over something like Revel F328Be, KEF Blade, or Perlisten S7t?
  13. T

In-wall is not an option -- unfortunately, I need to work within the constraints I have. So it's either an array of in-ceiling speakers or 2 towers positioned as mentioned earlier.
  14. T

The spacing I mentioned would be if I used towers. And I share the concern about playing loudly and being intelligible at the far points in the room, which is why the in-ceiling approach seems to be the least-bad option.
  15. T

Is that to imply that the options I mentioned won't sound good?
  16. T

That is huge, and seems like it would be an eyesore on the ceiling -- it's about 22"x12". Would it provide benefits over the much more discrete options I listed?
  17. T

T Thanks. My speakers would ed up about 13' apart, centered on the 25' wall.
  18. T

I sincerely appreciate your evangelism :) I 100% agree I'd rather have frontal sound. Unfortunately, due to aesthetic concerns, line arrays aren't really an option. How is your room configured? In my case, the speakers would be sitting on the 25' wall, and a significant amount of the listening...
  19. T

Hadn't heard of those -- I will definitely research them. Thanks for the lead!
  20. T

Thanks for this input. Coaxial is why it made my short list. I wish there was a good way to A/B them with the James Loudspeaker option. I was able to hear the James offering, but sitting on a table, not in-ceiling. They sounded very good to my ears, but they are a lot to deal with -- they...
Top Bottom