Search results

1. A

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

I have NC 502 for my surround and rears, plus NC 252 for atmos heights, that probably need to be upgraded to 502s. I am looking to replace my LCR 3 channel amp. What are the differences between 3 ch Purifi, 3 ch x500 or 4 ch 502 ? Thanks,
  2. A

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

The HTP-1 can only set output voltage globally. The channel trims for the 502 amps I am using for my surrounds are around 4-6db lower than the LCR (ATI). The rear surrounds are NHT 1.8s with similar sensitivity to the 3.3s and they are farther away and still need lower trims. Also, does the...
  3. A

It is more an issue of the input level mismatch between the ATI and the other amps. As for the buzz, it is only through the unbalanced ATI that I have it. I have tried ground lifting and shield lifting. No joy. It is not loud enough to be really noticeable though and I have lived with it for...
  4. A

Yes it does still work well. The issue is that it is unbalanced and everything else is balanced. I feel like the input level mismatch is causing some issues with the system. I run the output of my HTP-1 processor through active balanced to unbalanced modules and then into the 1506 in...
  5. A

Fantastic. I’ll reach out to you to plan. Any ETA in mind?
  6. A

Maybe it's worth upgrading to the new larger vertical case with 4 channels installed to replace my ATI (currently used bridged for LCR) and then I can move my current 502 modules into that case. Is that a possibility?
  7. A

Hey Dylan, I was wondering if a medium case 4 channel 502s from a year ago can be retrofitted in the field with the new input boards. Loving the amps and I am now considering replacing my old ATI 1506 with one of yours
  8. A

In the past, when I was involved with film post-production, we had to provide different mixes for DVD, TV, theatrical. Often the theatrical mix would just be run through a limiter as a less expensive way of creating the lower dynamic range mixes for TV and DVD. I wonder if his mixes are just...
  9. A

Is there anything that can be done about this, other than just lowering the volume? Do you attribute this to not perfectly matched amp gain structures or just an extremely high dynamic range film?
  10. A

Why would you not just run tones from REW or the Atmos test tone MP4s through each speaker and check the levels that way? My understanding is that once the SPL level is properly matched from the speakers, the amp input levels should not matter unless there is clipping. My issue was to ensure...
  11. A

Fantastic. Thank you all. That is where I will start from and see what Dirac sets as the trims. Just have to wait on the Buckeye amp delivery ;-)
  12. A

Again thank you all for the input. As for XLR, all will be XLR other than the subs and the LCR that are powered by the ATI 1506. My concern was over one specific setting in the HTP-1 and how to set it to balance between the balanced and unbalanced power amps. The manual goes on to say the...
  13. A

@Shanman @DonH56 Thank you for the replies. To be more specific I am trying to determine the correct output sensitivity setting on a Monolith HTP-1 processor to balance between the balanced 252 and 502 class D modules and the unbalanced ATI 1506. Specs on the ATI are: 450 watts into 8 ohms...
  14. A

Wondering about level matching. I am waiting for some Buckeye 252s for my overheads and some 502s for my surrounds. My LCR will be powered by my vintage ATI 1506 bridged. It is unbalanced. My preamp is balanced and the Buckeyes are balanced. I believe that the 502s and 252s have...
Top Bottom