Search results

1. J

Objective measurements of phono cartridges

Does anybody have a 96khz RIAA curve in white noise? I have the inverted ones from Scott Wurcer but need a non-inverted one to build an impulse response and convolve RIAA de emphasis in my stack. Thanks! Better yet does anybody have the impulse responses already? : )
  2. J

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

Been using this amp semi regularly since July and the left channel started to get snow about a month back. It finally got too bad to listen to the thing. Anybody want a play by play on Topping's service responsiveness. I sent them an email just now but have never had to use them through the many...
  3. J

E1DA Cosmos APU - Teardown and personal thoughts and measurements

So, for an unbalanced device going into 2 APU devices, I would just need 2 of these simple 3.5mm TS to RCA cables?
  4. J

Would this cable work into each APU from my source?
  5. J

Recently purchased two APU and and E1 ADC. Two quick questions. 1. Can someone link to amazon the RCA to 3.5 inputs I'd need to connect the output of my MM turntable to the APU? I'm concerned I may pick something with the wrong terminations. 2. Can someone link to amazon the appropriately...
  6. J

Sutherland KC Vibe MK2 Phono Stage Review

I wasn't sure if this was discussed in the thread but the designer explains why he went with 48v power supply but arrived at a lower headroom.
  7. J

Stanford University audio reference selection vinyl player

When I am back in my Seattle place in a few months I'll pull this beast out of storage and post some raw examples. Lots of potential, but definitely not something I'd buy at full price (I got their show floor model). The nice thing about this method is the clicks immediately ramp in amplitude so...
  8. J

Stanford University audio reference selection vinyl player

ELP told me they use "red" lasers instead of cheaper mass produced blue ones because it provides better reflectivity on the surfaces they need to track. Noisy is an understatement. I have to ultrasonic and glue clean anything I want to play on the thing. There are all sorts of concessions...
  9. J

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Sure, I'll see if I still have them. Stay tuned. Pretty sure these are the right ones. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1cLYiWrcesVo4zuWqDAteCno2bNQXnfYc?usp=share_link
  10. J

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

I have a feeling you can take it. : )
  11. J

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I used REW and in ear microphones to correct for how my ears dimensions interact with this glorious headphone. To my shock, this created a dramatic improvement and when I use can opener to emulate cross feed and directionality. things get positively spooky. Attached are the minimum phase files I...
  12. J

My HRTF Target vs Harman Target

Is it possibly use the in-ear measurement process through REW with headphones instead of bookshelf speakers? I'm thinking about with large over the ear cans like the Dan Clark Stealth.
  13. J

Benefit to lifting the ground in XLR

Thanks all, I snipped some of the spectrogram from both configs and put them side by side. Left of the marker is grounded directly from source to mic input, right is with ground lifted at the AV2 DI box. Oddly, very slight increase in ground noise with the lift, though at these levels nothing...
  14. J

Benefit to lifting the ground in XLR

Quick question, I'm using a DI box from Radial (AV2) to connect an unbalanced line level to an XLR mic input. There is an option to lift the ground on the XLR cable to reduce potential ground loop issues. I have no noticeable loop issue. Would it make sense to lift the ground for any other...
  15. J

Akai GX-620 Reel to Reel Tape Deck Measurements

Thanks for doing this. Very cool! My heart flutters whenever I see analog gear on here.
  16. J

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

These aren't replacing my stealth any time soon, but I like them better than any of the sennheisers or airpods I picked up over the years.
  17. J

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Still 100% satisfied with my Stealth's over a year in for those considering buyer's remorse. For those weighing open and closed back, it is worth downloading an SPL meter to take an honest measure of your ambient noise situation. The Stealth's aren't boxy sounding thanks to the fine engineering...
  18. J

DSP-Based Phono Preamp/ADC with Digital Out?

No worries. I was being an idiot and typing "signal" instead of putting S. Awesome article super useful. Thanks!
  19. J

DSP-Based Phono Preamp/ADC with Digital Out?

Scott! I just bought your article on this subject. It is a great read. I had a question. For the above 96K coefficients, what is the appropriate input format into Audacity's Nyquist Prompt? My transfers are coming in line level without curve applied so was looking for something that didn't...
  20. J

Equalized HD700 vs HD800

I’ve had both in the past and even with EQ the 700 sounded broken and underperformed the budget legacy products in the sennheiser line, at least for my preferences.
Top Bottom