Search results

1. G

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Can you improve the speaker by blocking the port and making it sealed?
  2. G

Can I connect four DACs to the same source and expect them to play in phase?

Update: got myself a DDRC-88D and 4x Topping E50 DACs. They play in phase and the system latency is low enough for movies and even gaming. this is with dirac turned off.
  3. G

DAC recommendation: Soncoz QXD1/Topping E30/D30Pro?

Update: I bought 4x Topping E50. the reason for preferring this was remote control + volume feedback on the screen. The E50 has a factory setting of "pre" mode and -30db volume, which is very thoughtful.
  4. G

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I have 4 of these and no problems
  5. G

My four Topping E50 arrived, here they are connected to DDRC-88D. I love that the factory setting is "pre" mode and set at -30db. this way if anything goes wrong in the setup it won't fry the speakers, nor be dead silent.
  6. G

I ordered four Topping E50 for my 8 channels, can I power them with a multiport charger like this one? it's power only, no data. Or is it better to buy 4 chargers and a 110V strip?
  7. G

E30 is off the list, it makes occasional loud pop noises and I need to connect my dac to a power amp. I just ordered E50. Other candidates were Soncoz, Smsl SU6, Schiit modius.
  8. G

This review is missing from the review index
  9. G

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

You did help, I am not getting the Okto because of the timing issues you reported. Thanks.
  10. G

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Unfortunately the alternatives are even worse for me: - Computer in the middle - high latency, I play video games - Software DSP on the source computer - I will never trust Windows with 4KW of amplification. also high latency. If not Okto I'll be getting 4 tiny DACs and control the volume from...
  11. G

Okto 8 Owner’s Thread

Now that Okto is back in business, do those problems still occur? it's been 2 years and many firmwares.
  12. G

Topping E30 DAC Review

Can someone please summarize the objective problems with E30 - pops, cracks, forgets volume setting etc'? I'm not being lazy, it's 264 pages. How bad are the pops? can they fry a tweeter with 20W power handling when fed from a 500W amp?
  13. G

Update: Soncoz says YES - they will play in phase
  14. G

Topping E30 volume control from the player and the dac itself

The dynamic range reduction caused by digital volume control is a non-issue. Your ears have the same degraded dynamic range when listening at low volume. If anything I want the DAC to have AGC at low volume to reduce DR even more.
  15. G

QSC Q-SYS for loudspeaker management

Has anyone tried it? The new QSC "core" products all follow this open architecture. looks like it can do anything as far as audio crossover is concerned. e.g. this unit: https://www.qsc.com/products-solutions/q-sys/processing/core-8-flex/ How's the analog quality?
  16. G

Source: miniDSP DDRC-88D, selectable 4x SPDIF or AES Use case: LX521, 4-way stereo speakers crossover Must have: coax SPDIF or AES input Nice to have: XLR, volume control Candidates (based on low price, high ranking on ASR): Topping E30 Topping D30Pro (expensive) Soncoz QXD1 SMSL Sanskrit 10th...
  17. G

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

I'm considering buying 4 of these (QXD1) for a 4-way stereo crossover, all DACs will receive SPDIF from the same host (miniDSP DDRC). Will the DACs play in phase? Edit: Soncoz says YES
  18. G

Okto Dac8 Pro alternative?

Looks like there's a market need for "consumer grade" RPi based DSP, something you plug in and then configure with GUI, like miniDSP. However at its current state it's not accessible to consumers. just creating the Linux users can make a man go nuts.
  19. G

Okto Dac8 Pro alternative?

I'm considering 4xTopping DACs as a 8ch solution, I started another thread and it seems viable.
Top Bottom