Search results

1. G

OneMic recordings, hear what the band heard in the studio!

Is it a particular one-mic recording you are referring to? I’m sure the amount of reverb Cuniberti applies to the vocals will differ from recording to recording, and some of them will likely not have any reverb at all depending on the style of the songs.
  2. G

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

I answer my own question here as I couldn't hold myself from purchasing an Apple TV today, it’s a fairly cheap device anyway and it will be useful with Netflix and all the other movie streaming platforms we have. :) The Tidal app on Apple TV looks almost identical to the app on my LG OLED TV...
  3. G

OneMic recordings, hear what the band heard in the studio!

I had to look that up, and yes, John Cuniberti sometimes uses a bit of reverb but mostly for the up-close vocal. He isolates it to the middle with some mid/side filtering where the singer is usually located, and that way he can leave the natural roomy sound for the more distant instruments that...
  4. G

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

Last week I decided to go with Tidal instead of Qobuz as I figured out I could play their Atmos library using Tidal's app on my LG TV. The TV app works as expected I guess, it doesn't lag or anything but searching for music with a TV remote isn't the best thing in the world, and it can't play...
  5. G

Stereophile's Jim Austin Says Streaming Atmos Sucks

Apple Music doesn't work for me either, I need a streaming service that is supported by my streamer which is an important part of my main 2-channel rig, so the choices for me are Qobuz, Tidal, Deezer, or Spotify. Last week I realized that the Tidal app on my TV does support Atmos playback so I...
  6. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

Yes, I know, (and that other guy behind him in the picture). :) Anyway, good choice of monitors. (But I did see a couple of NS-10s in the video as well.)
  7. G

It doesn't matter if Apple is the market leader or not in streaming (at this moment), for them it's enough that a large portion of their loyal user group is using their streaming service and buying their hardware for it to succeed. The proof of that is that they don't seem to be highly...
  8. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

The upcoming new album Wild God by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds has been recorded and produced in the Miraval Studios in France, you know that studio that looks like a spaceship with all those white ATC speakers. :)
  9. G

I think it will succeed as things Apple invests in usually do, but to them, it's foremost meant for headphone listening which is their main market and what most people use for music listening in this time and age. People like us who like to take it as far as investing in loudspeakers all around...
  10. G

One of the downsides with streaming Atmos music is the restrictions on what gear can be used to play the files on a speaker system. It would have been way more accessible if I could just play the Atmos files with the Tidal Windows app and choose my surround receiver as the output device, but as...
  11. G

Norah Jones – Visions – first single – Running. Will it be a reference like "Come Away With Me"? (Stereo vs Dolby Atmos)

Last week I realized I could indeed play Atmos music in my current system without having to buy an Apple TV or any other additional hardware, it's possible to play Atmos mixes using the Tidal app in my Atmos-compatible LG TV through my Marantz Cinema 50. I don't have a full-fledged Atmos system...
  12. G

D10s just stopped giving sound

Products from Topping should probably come in 2-packs.
  13. G

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Thank you, I will check it out if I feel the need for something like that.
  14. G

That's better than similar ABX tests I’ve done in the past, I didn't click on your link as I have no interest in comparing lossy vs lossless files.
  15. G

I have never done this for comparison between lossy and lossless files, I used this method to test if I could hear any differences with upsampling, which I could. With upsampling, I could hear a more airy presentation which helped to reveal reverb tails in a more natural way. I don't think I...
  16. G

ABX tests don't work very well for me, I easily get disturbed by the constant restarts of the song. I have done A/B-tests where I put the two sound files parallel on two different tracks in my DAW, and then I mute one of the tracks, and while I shut my eyes I fast-click on the solo button on...
  17. G

ATC speakers / Monitors

The Genelec factory is "just" a 5.5-hour drive from where I live. :) I like their approach which in a similar way to ATC focuses on longevity in that they can still repair speakers they made decades ago, even the first speakers they ever made. That is the good thing about making most of the...
  18. G

Andrew Quint Reviews the Unique BACCH-SP Stereo Purifier

No, I have not had the opportunity to try BACCH4MAC in my system, only the uBACCH as I have a Windows-based computer. I asked some BACCH users in another thread if there was a significant sound difference between the full-scale program for Mac and uBACCH as long as no head tracking was used and...
  19. G

If it wasn't a fixed payout per stream, no one would be able to make a list of how much each of the streaming services pay for each stream, as the list I posted a few pages back had information about. I’m sure all the streaming services have a pretty good idea of how much time the average...
  20. G

Do you expect Spotify to raise the payout to the artists if they lose market share? :)
Top Bottom