Search results

1. K

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Biggest upgrade with the new firmware is it fixes the issue with micro skips at start of track I was experiencing with the wiim pro. Used to happen when there was a resolution change in a playlist on tidal. For me it completely fixed the issue. Only other differences was in the bass but...
  2. K

One other noticeable improvement is it seems to fix the micro skip I was getting about 2 seconds into a song whenever the resolution change. I listen to a lot of playlist on tidal and it no longer happens. I think this issue mostly effected audio when using the Ares 2 with WiiM Pro. Overall...
  3. K

Doesn’t I²S allow a better connection to a DCC device? After reading link will have to read the follow up post since test was done 4 years ago. Thanks for the link.
  4. K

The biggest difference I feel is the newer ares has the I²S connection.
  5. K

I definitely like the improvement with the Ares 2 so I would suggest to at least try it out. You can always flash back if you’re unhappy with results. Head fi has a bunch of post on new firmware if you’re looking for more subjective opinions on sound quality...
  6. K

In my case it was an improvement with the slight pop-click sound whenever bitrate changed btw tracks, I no longer hear it. I prefer the sound quality more with new firmware. Seems like people with Ares 2 were mostly happy with new firmware. On the Pontus there seemed to be mixed feeling...
  7. K

For me it cleared up the popping clicking sound I was getting when it changed the resolution on tidal tracks when using with the wiim pro. I also noticed an improvement to sound quality and seems others who applied firmware also commented there has been an improvement after this update...
  8. K

Haven't seen it mention, there's a new firmware out for the Ares ii, for anyone interested here is the link. https://www.vinshineaudio.com/post/denafrips-12th-fpga-firmware-update
Top Bottom