Search results

1. P

Sun Audio Purified 4

I was contacted by the manufacturer and he gave me the spinorama for this speaker: Purified 4. "The measurements are performed by IFAA in Germany within the following semi-anechoic class-1 chamber: https://ifaa-akustik.de/en/the-institute/technical-facilities/". As the name implies that's a 4...
  2. P

Lange loudspeaker with measurements

I discovered Lange loudspeaker randomly. They do not have measurements on their websitesbut on LinkedIn I have found this and it shows excellent measurements. That's potentially the one in Atto. It looks like it is a Swiss company so I expect the prices to be high. Source ...
  3. P

Devialet Phantom I and II measurements

Analysis of the Devialet Phantom I & II measurements The Devialet Phantom speakers are small but powerful, with a unique design and excellent bass. They are expensive, but their sound quality is top-notch. I ordered a pair of Phantom speakers a few years ago (the large model in 2017). The sound...
  4. P

A tool to convert REW eq to a aupreset for AUNBandEQ

EDIT: I added support for eqAPO and autoEQ. When you use REW on a MAC, an easy way to apply the generated EQ is provided by Apple: AUNBandEQ is a plugin implementing IIR filters. REW created an output for AUNBandEQ with frequency/gain/width for each filter. I usually manually copy each data (3...
  5. P

Spinorama of Alcons Audio RR12 with beamforming examples

Spinorama of Alcons Audio RR12 with beamforming examples Alcons Audio is a audio company from the Netherlands that focus on professional sound systems. The RR12 is a point source array module. It can be used vertically or horizontally and is designed to be stacked (as in: you will not use one of...
  6. P

Spinorama and data analysis of FBT Promaxx serie

Data analysis of FBT Promaxx serie FBT Promaxx are PA speakers which are optimised for high output. They are active, relatively cheap, easy to get and have an internal DSP. FBT is nice enough to provide a lot of datas for these speakers. Typical use cases are small gigs, your garage, your garden...
  7. P

Spinorama for the brand new JBL PRX900 serie

JBL PRX900 are PA speakers which are optimised for high output. They are active, relatively cheap, easy to get and have an internal DSP. JBL is nice enough to provide a lot of datas for these speakers. I used the data to generate the spinorama and derive some information. Here is the...
  8. P

New AI compression algorithm called SOTA: 10x better compression than MP3

This blog describe how using AI Meta researcher can compress 10x better than MP3. They made the code open source so you can play with it. Can you hear a difference?
  9. P

Exploration of data provided by vendors

There are a lot of available data on PA speakers. Companies are used to share data mostly because buyers need them to compute how many speakers and which ones they need to light up a stadium. I discovered recently that a lot of companies published data in CFL and GLL format. GLL has a free...
  10. P

Lies and statistics

From Smart people
  11. P

Better port design?

We have seen recently that many cheap speakers have port resonances. It looks to me they do use basic port (a tube). I have seen a few better designs, KEF or Yamaha comes to mind. Do you have other examples? I am surprised that designers are not doing better, this is a very well studied fluid...
  12. P

Perlisten speakers

Hello, i randomly found Perlisten (never heard about them before). They do publish measurements with their speakers. They do provide a spinorama (smoothed) which shows a very good directivity. This large speaker is bass shy which I guess is on purpose since they also sell subwoofers...
  13. P

Help with EQ for speakers

Hello, i wrote a software which is automatically creating EQ similar to what @maiky76 or @jaakkopasanen are doing. It start to work well but I have a few questions about what it should optimise for. Here is an example: 1. is the data provided by Amir 2. is an EQ done by @fliplfop by hand which...
  14. P

How to cool your new M2?

Backstory: M2 heats a lot and above some temperature they start to get slower which defeats the point.
  15. P

Measuring a speaker with a drone

Idea of the day: use a drone to turn around the speaker and do measurements (instead of turntable etc...) - noise of the drone is easy to measure and then to remove from the measurement. - positionning is also relatively easy with existing open source software. - I am looking for a drone which...
  16. P

[FS][EU] Modson rackroll new

http://modson-studiofurniture.com/rack-roll.html Modson 19’rack (new, assembled never used). 10U, with roller. 300 CHF. White body, black curves. Asking 300 CHF.
  17. P

[FS][EU] K&M 40900 Rack desk stand (8U)

50 CHF excellent condition
  18. P

[SOLD] [FS][EU] K&M 26795 Monitorständer

3 of them with a medium size plate (K&M 26792) 200 CHF each they are heavy, shipping far doesn't make sense.
  19. P

[FS][EU] labgruppen ipd 1200 (2x300W 8Ohm + DSP)

Very good condition, picts if interested, 600 CHF+transport
  20. P

[SOLD] Focal Shape 40 (2 == 600 CHF)

Sell Focal Shape 40 (price for a pair 600 CHF, 18 months old, perfect state, non smoking room, never moved)
Top Bottom