Search results

1. P

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Hello, I also tried to build an automatic anechoic eq. As expected the EQ makes curves flatter and boost the score. score | no eq w/eq ---------+-------+------- no sub | 6.1 | 6.9 w/sub | 7.5 | 8.3 ---------+-------+------- Interestingly this one makes both the LW and the PIR...
  2. P

New set of graphs for all speakers reviews

I made an update today with - the latest measurements from ErinsAudioCorner - changes to the software to speed up the loading of the content (lots of small changes instead of a proper redesign) Let me know if that breaks on some browsers. For the IT geeks: The original idea was to process...
  3. P

A tool to convert REW eq to a aupreset for AUNBandEQ

is someone interested in an automatic conversion from EPO to RME format for room-EQ? It looks like TotalMix can load a xml file that I can generate.
  4. P

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

After a few months of using them: The system ls60/tv/network is unstable with a WiFi or bluetuth connection. The only stable way is via a cable. My current solution is tv -> optical spdif-> new adi -> ls60. The RME also does room correction. What is unstable: - after TV and LS60 reboot the...
  5. P

Sun Audio Purified 4

I was contacted by the manufacturer and he gave me the spinorama for this speaker: Purified 4. "The measurements are performed by IFAA in Germany within the following semi-anechoic class-1 chamber: https://ifaa-akustik.de/en/the-institute/technical-facilities/". As the name implies that's a 4...
  6. P

Lange loudspeaker with measurements

I discovered Lange loudspeaker randomly. They do not have measurements on their websitesbut on LinkedIn I have found this and it shows excellent measurements. That's potentially the one in Atto. It looks like it is a Swiss company so I expect the prices to be high. Source ...
  7. P

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

Yes and no, here is what the optimiser find with 4 bands. If you devote your 4 bands to this eq, then you cannot correct the bass. I would correct the bass first because they are likely to swing a lot. Maybe keep 1 eq to tame the highs. EQ for Polk Audio Signature Elite ES60 computed from...
  8. P

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

Good tower for the price. What would happen with an EQ? I generated 2 EQs, the first one optimise for a flat listening window and may be what you want if you are close to the speaker. The second one optimise the PIR and try to make it as flat as possible. Since this is a tower, you are likely...
  9. P

USB2 DAC on USB2 vs USB3.2 Gen1/2 Port?

Sound wise usb 2 vs 3 should not make a difference. There is more limited bandwidth on usb2 but you can still use 40 channels. Power wise, you can get more from usb3 but it depends on the implementation. Since there are widely different implementation of USB ports some can be noisy for...
  10. P

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

The speaker has a non flat DI which means EQ will not work well. If you optimise for a flat PIR you will compromise the ON and LW. The reverse is also true. Score is 3.1 and would be 5.7 with a perfect subwoofer. if you optimise for a flat LW: score is 4.7 If you optimise for a flat PIR: score...
  11. P

Master List of New Speakers

New monitors coming from Alcons Audio. Not much available on the website yet. They usually do great stuff.
  12. P

Spinorama.org into spreadsheet - howto?

I made some changes in python and generated more columns. To make it easy, just jump to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dQe59JchQ33V0r1J9kjgnACyouN6Q_HkJHh56iaJHm4/edit#gid=1746706388 You should have access. I added a quick example if you are not familiar with spreadsheets If you...
  13. P

Sonos Five Smart Speaker Review

I don't really know how to optimise a quasi-omni speaker. When I optimise line-arrays for example which have similar dispersion pattern, I do it on in-room measurements. The speaker is already optimised very likely with a FIR filter (2s latency). That's a case where I would prefer to listen to...
  14. P

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

No. The current line is excellent https://jblpro.com/en/product_families/7-series-products.They have been reviewed by Amir. They do have a big brother called JBL M2 (reviewed by Erin). They have others like 5305P which are good enough to be monitors. See...
  15. P

Does music theory qualify as a theory?

for me music and theory don’t go together. Maybe tine to read or re-read GEB?
  16. P

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

The speaker is out of the box poor. I tried various EQs and I am not convinced that they will improve things a lot. I settled on the one that flatten the listening window. Score without a subwoofer with a perfect subwoofer Human Speakers 81 DK 1.8 3.8 with EQ (flat LW) 3.6 5.5 with EQ...
  17. P

Amp or all in one to replace my Devialet 200

Sadly price and quality are not correlated. If you replace your excellent amplifier by another good one you will not hear a difference. You need enough power for your use case and low noise, you can check both on ASR. I know it goes again the common discourse and it is hard to believe. If...
Top Bottom