Search results

1. B

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

I’m just curious, using the speaker output, Enhancer, EQ works, .. right?
  2. B

There are no ‘Pre Out’ RCA’s on WXA-50.
  3. B

‘Direct mode’ toggle button it’s ON in you MusicCast app?
  4. B

Hi, in my case, only if I use the analog RCA outputs in Preamp mode.
  5. B

Could Use Some Help with Yamaha WXC-50

Good to know thanks for sharing. For me it was the other way, problems with DHCP On, it works smooth using defined IP and wired at ethernet. Of course, you're right.
  6. B

No prob. Imho it’s not a hardware issue but config procedure. Been there :) All the best,
  7. B

Did you changed the IP address in WXC-50 Web Control Center? Wire the unit with network cable to your laptop / PC to do this operation > Access the WXC-50 Web Control Center. Try to look in your router interface first to see what address allocate to your other devices (eg. phone) via wifi and...
  8. B

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

For those who own an Ares II DAC, is there an possibility to read the bit depth (16-bit / 24-bit )? In the user manual we have a chart about the way we should read the sampling rate, but not the bit depth. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
  9. B

Are Super tweeters worth it?

How about if my speakers are already equipped with High-frequency transducer: 19mm (3/4") titanium-laminated dome, shielded; EOS waveguide & Ultrahigh-frequency transducer: 19mm (3/4") polyester film, ring radiator, shielded; EOS waveguide up to 40kHz, adding a ribbon also able to go up to...
  10. B

In the end, this is a matter of taste; I am unable to find something that looks as good as WXC-50. Most of the units in this price range are bulky, no details, plastic, shinny or like the Christmas tree full of lights , all the colors, all kind. MusicCast could be better in terms of UX for...
  11. B

If Qobuz will become available in my area, WXC-50 as far as I've read on another post is able to stream 24/192 bit perfect, which is pure gold imho. I am able to stream Deezer via MusicCast CD quality 16/44.1 for example but I am still waiting for Qobuz to get Hi-Res, using the phone as remote...
  12. B

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Regarding the possibility to stream Apple Music Hi-Res 24/192 via Optical output > DAC , WiiM mini / Pro / Pro Plus have any upgrade, it was solved in the meantime? I'm not referring at streaming via Airplay2 which at this moment is not Hi-res. Thanks,
  13. B

Over my dead body! :)) Just kidding. The truth is that, I have the WXC-50 and I still enjoy it even if there are some limitations. Maybe Wiim Pro Plus to replace my unit, I'll have a look. Thanks for sharing. Cheers
  14. B

What streaming service do you use?

For me, Deezer is the first app that allows me to play FLAC CD quality, bit perfect, wireless, thru Yamaha MusicCast app; I’m happy enough even with lossless 16/44.1. There are some interface limitations streaming this way that’s why I was curious to find a point of view concerning the Deezer...
  15. B

What streaming service do you use?

Would you please share with me, using Deezer Connect, will output the max resolution available 16 bit / 44.1 FLAC? Thanks!
  16. B

Apple Music Streaming quality in Kbps, Losses vs. Hi-Res, AirPlay 1 vs AirPlay 2

Thanks for sharing this info with us. I recognize that I am a little bit confused because, using Yamaha WXC-50, streaming via AirPlay1 (using the Apple Music app on iOS latest version), it will goes like this : AppleMusic 16/44.1 (as far as I know) Airplay 1 > iOS > Yamaha WXC-50 in Player...
  17. B

Rca or optical ?

I was in your situation a while ago. I ended up purchasing and testing 3 regular cheap Toslink cables (Techlink Wires1st, Ugreen, Vention) different lengths up to 2m and the Dac receive without problems 24/192. No unwanted sounds at Streamer’s power On/Off (which I’ve experienced with Coax), no...
  18. B

I agree. Like others that say that Hi-res doesn't matter and so on. And I'm not here to sell Denafrips :) By the way, this could be a very interesting test to be made by @amirm using a Denafrips DAC if there is any available. Before burn-in and after let's say 100-200 hours with a new firmware...
  19. B

Yes, and I've said, I suppose ... Could be. In the end, if there is another scientific name for this and we are pleased with the "new" signature sound, I'm happy with that. By the way, if you are a Denafrips owner, you can try this. Then, you can revert back to the initial firmware, we don't...
  20. B

:)) I know. Not sure what is happening, but it works …
Top Bottom