Search results

1. E

Syng Cell Alpha - 7.1 sound with three speakers ?

Bouncing from the left, but not from the right probably isn't ideal. Good luck with the move.
  2. E

Remember where you sit will impact the bass too. If your head is close to the wall behind you, it will be more extreme. Enjoy! Looking forward to mine!
  3. E

This is the section of the Wired article I'm referring to: "Stringer also showed me some tricks that aren’t part of the initial release, but highlight Syng’s possibilities. One demo involved a specially recorded version of “Eleanor Rigby” by a string quartet where Stringer's team was able to...
  4. E

You can't alter an ELAC without an external device. My suspicion is that you will be able to alter a Cell. As for 3 Cells vs. 5.1 vs. Atmos, it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Atmos and 5.1 are very position reliant. The promise from Syng, not yet fully realized, is that you will...
  5. E

I think it's an apples and oranges discussion. Get an ELAC and you get Andrew Jones' desired frequency profile, and that's it. You like it, you like the speaker. You don't, you don't. The Cell has the Syng acoustic engineers' signature, likely Kyriakakis', but it's a self powered, DSP driven...
  6. E

Please share YOUR personal listening experience. ;)
  7. E

I agree completely. I think many posters on this forum are mistaking Syng’s intent for this product. It isn’t an audiophile, sit in one place, in a dedicated room product. It’s a premium consumer device looking to bridge the gap between that and say Sonos. If it isn’t perfect out of the gate, I...
  8. E

I can't claim to fully understand their reasoning, but it made sense to the guy who invented Audyssey and teaches psychoacoustics at USC. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Kyriakakis
  9. E

According to one of their engineers in the TechHive review, that correction is to compensate for the fact that humans' perception of the loudness of frequencies is volume dependent. What might sound flat at one volume in a "flat" speaker, won't sound flat at a lower volume.
  10. E

Didn’t take it that way at all. ;) Looking forward to your feedback!
  11. E

My dad just got confirmation and we placed orders on the same day. I should be high in the queue. ;)
  12. E

I ordered a single a month prior and haven’t seen it yet. Time for an email.
  13. E

Oh snap! Did you order during the pre-sale or when the regular sale opened?
  14. E

I gather from the Wired article that if you have access to tracks, stems, or what ever pieces they were referring to that they could be placed anywhere individually within the listening space if you have three. The article said that it wasn’t ready yet though, and there aren’t many artists that...
  15. E

@joentell, it'll be interested to hear about what you think about your perception of the sound field too. Devialet Beosound and Sonos all sound obviously mono to my ear. The sound feels like it's coming out of the device and no wider. The Cell is supposed to have DSP to give a wider perceived...
  16. E

The woofer movement is wild. It will be interesting to to see what placement does to perceived and measured response too. I think Syng recommends 2 ft. from a wall if possible. I also think it's important to acknowledge the niche that might want one. I had a pair of NHT 2.5is until my wife put...
Top Bottom