Search results

1. M

PSI Audio monitors - do they measure well?

Yes. Psi sound more natural to my ears. More like I am not listening to monitors but to the content. But I think this is subjective. both are in the same league I would say. I tend to like soft domes better than hard domes. I believe the kh has some hybrid hard/softdome soliton and and the psi...
  2. M

I like a17 better than kh 310 I own both.
  3. M

PSI monitors

Well it is one of the finest monotors I have owned and used. And I owned k+h, Neumann, Genelec, Barefoot, geithain, Also how is it not loud? I remember it to be extremely loud :)
  4. M

I can imagine!! I am really impressed with the A-17M also! As said earlier they seem like the better sized model for my application (home-working system) than A21-M. The top-end is very transparant and 'airy'. Also the midrange is amazingly clear and open. It seems I have a room mood right...
  5. M

that sounds promising! looking at the picture feels weird. like haring a discussion about how well a Porsche 911 drives, and then seeing a picture of someone who is using it to roam the beach.. :( such monitors deserve proper placement in a well treated room. i hope it is better than it seems...
  6. M

OpenAI ChatGPT has some interesting insights about audio

oh the racist Microsoft chat bot you mean? :D
  7. M

I love the midrange of A17!!! Bass is actually very good in this situation. They seem to extend a lot furhter than specified. My room is treated ,but it is not perfect. Now I seem to have a bass boost just where they drop off (I have not measured yet but I believe around 35-40hz or so). Lovely...
  8. M

I believe PSI positions the A25 as their best monitor. But it depends on the situation/application what is best. As I just posted I will be selling my A21 because A17 fit my situation better. Though I am pretty sure that A21-M is the superior model.
  9. M

For who is interested; I will be selling my pair of A21-M (2020 model) in metal black. I am living in the Netherlands (near German border). They are in perfect condition, inc. boxes and everything. Thursday I picked up A17's (latest model). A17-M seem to fit my small nearfield situation better...
  10. M

I am not sure if that is true. While I have no hesitation to believe how advanced and good the A23-M is, your statement imo undermines A25. https://downloads.psiaudio.com/studio-monitors/PSI_A25_MS_techdata.pdf https://downloads.psiaudio.com/studio-monitors/PSI_A25_MS_techdata.pdf A25 has more...
  11. M

PSI monitors

today i picked up A17-M (current model). wow!! i love it right away!! That means I now i have A17-M (2021) and A21-M (2020 V4). i purchased 17 because 21 needs a bit more distance than is ideal in this setup. before i sell the a21 pair i will do some comparisons and report back here.. first...
  12. M

Which MEG Geithains?

that’s my point thanks for explaining more/better.
  13. M

Which MEG Geithains?

personally i use them nearfield as my primary setup and the the freq response is stable if i move around (my neumanns change more in freq response) only the mono ‘point’ is very sensitive. so if you go from left to right it (partly) moves along with you (same with the neumanns).
  14. M

Which MEG Geithains?

above 250 does not radiate backwards and below 30hz the output drops, so effectively the output is a perfect cardioid, but if you want to be ‘right’ then enjoy it!
  15. M

Which MEG Geithains?

when the output drops to the front it also drops to the rear. i have 944k and 11k (see attached acoustic diagrams)
  16. M

Which MEG Geithains?

k series are all full range cardiod (check out the diagrams on the website. check out rl933k for example).
  17. M

Which MEG Geithains?

944 is nearfield. use it as such and be amazed i would say. imo there are not many (if any) nearfields in this level. and i have used and own(ed) quite some.. geithain shows listening distances on their website. within those conditions they are ideal. outside you can use them but they are not...
  18. M

Which MEG Geithains?

for in your store? i would go 901k1’s and ask for 801 front plate finish. i remember i could do a lot of customization when i ordered mine (rl944k1’s). you can look up the listening distance per model on their site. 901 is midfield; 2-4m or something like that.. you want to use them within...
  19. M

Fullrange cardioid Geithain user here.. it is not that they ‘fix’ room issues, but existing room issues are activated to a lesser extend as cardioid bass had no/low output to the rear of the speakers. imo cardioid bass is very valuable in most situations. unfortunatley there are not much...
  20. M

PSI monitors

this ‘big woofer crossed high problem’ sounds exactly like my way of thinking before i heard them. did you hear them?
Top Bottom