Search results

1. J

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I also use the x3700 as a pre-amp which I purchased January 2022. I actually was looking for a pre-amp to replace an old Marantz SR5005 (also used as a pre-amp) for my 7.2 system. I have an old Outlaw 770 amp (200 watts times 7) originally purchased with an Outlaw 950 pre-amp) for my initial 5.1...
  2. J

What makes high end processors sound better (or do they?)

When I set up my first Home Theater, I was convinced by an Outlaw salesman that separates would sound best because of the size of my media room (15' by 21' with 8' ceilings). I purchased the Outlaw 770 amp with their 950 pre-amp for a 5.1 system. Would my setup sound the same with a mid-range...
  3. J

In following this discussion, a key issue that is almost philosophical is what is "better sound." So much goes into this including the quality and placement of speakers, room acoustics, and of course the quality of the amps themselves, whether those that come with the receiver or external amps...
  4. J

Choosing between the Denon X8500H, X6700H, X4700H and X3700H (Updated)

I don't seem to have quite such complicated issues as you do but I had hdmi video switching problems with my new x3700 (I have 2 video outputs-one to an old plasma TV and the other to an overhead projector). There was no need for hdmi 2.1. Denon's response to me was the EDID issue to which I am...
  5. J

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Thanks for the reply. Though I just mentioned it in my posting, I was really put off by the lack of support from Onkyo. I had purchased a cheaper Onkyo AVR for my daughter and after just downloading a software update the Onkyo died. It was just 6 weeks after the warranty ended. A call to Onkyo...
  6. J

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

I was looking to replace my old Marantz receiver (used as a preamp) for my 7.2 home theater set up and after reading a glowing review on you tube (Andrew Robinson) I was set to buy the Onkyo RZ50. The problem was finding it anywhere and especially a vendor I could return it. After hearing that...
  7. J

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Fortunately the Denon X3700 allows me to turn off the amps, saving energy and the AVR runs cooler.
  8. J

Lamenting the lack of good quality budget A/V Preamplifier/Processors

Some 21 years ago I set up my first home theater system with 5.1 sound and an overhead projector. I started out with separates, an Outlaw 950 pre-amp and an Outlaw 770 amp (7 by 200). 10 years ago I decided to go to 7.2 and was looking for a new pre-amp. What I found was quite expensive. A...
  9. J

Problem solved concerning hdmi output issues. Ipout on my glasses and realized I mixed up Zone 2 with monitor 2. How dumb. I should add that Denon has been very responsive to my online inquiries to their website. They answer promptly via email. jefny
  10. J

#12,914 · a moment ago Success! I purchased a new 40 foot active cable which is updated (from redmere) and all my inputs (Tivo, Roku and Bluray player) appear on the overhead. I am working out some kinks involving Monitor 1 and monitor 2 as only monitor 1 seems to work with everything while...
  11. J

I did try Denon's suggestions and both were unsuccessful. I did share this with Denon. Their response was the 40 foot hdmi cable is this problem or something they called EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) which is not very clear to me. I am going to order a brand new 40 foot active hdmi...
  12. J

I did get a reply from Denon. They suggested 2 ideas to try. The first: Since my plasma is 720p (the lesser resolution) I should lower the output resolution of the non-working inputs to 720 (the Roku and Tivo). Two: Disable the monitor out you are not using in Video Output Setting. I will get...
  13. J

Sound wise, especially after tuning with Audyssey, I am quite happy with my new x3700 (I use it as a pre-amp, using my Outlaw 770 for a 7.2 system). However, on the video end, I have ongoing problems. My 2 week old AVR is getting me frustrated with video hdmi outs to 2 monitors. I have 3 hdmi...
  14. J

I listened to my first movie after the initial Audyssey calibration (Bladerunner 2049) and what a noticeable improvement. I also set up the cd function using stereo mode and I am also impressed with the sound. I am mostly a fan of classical music. I have been following the thread with comments...
  15. J

Today I ran Audyssey and the process was fairly obvious and smooth. I actually used the guided setup. The most complicated part were the 2 subwoofers that at first were considered too loud and had to be lowered after I then went through re running Audyssey for several different positions. I plan...
  16. J

Amper 42 Thanks for your detailed response. I was able to go to amp assign to pre-amp and my amp is driving all speakers. The Denon X3700 also runs cooler. I will Audyssey next. As far as video goes, at present I am simply pulling the monitor 1 hdmi cable out and my overhead projector takes a...
  17. J

Finally got my new Denon X3700 that replaced my 11 year old Marantz. I was able to do most of the setup but the setup guide was almost useless. It does not walk you through setup when you use the x3700 as a pre-amp. After fumbling around I figured how to do this manually after completing the...
  18. J

HDMI Video Output on a Denon AVR (3700)

Thanks for the responses. Why did the salesman I met recently tell me about the problem of video output being switched to the lowest pixel count of either my plasma or overhead projector? I even told him I will not be playing both at the same time. Maybe he was still trying to sell the more...
  19. J

I have checked the manual and it is 100's of pages with a very inadequate Table of Contents making it hard to find much of anything. I think I will call Denon directly. JohnF
  20. J

Thanks for the reply. The Denon is the most current model (2020). I do not intend on putting more than one output at the same time and just one at a time. I have tried to look at the 3700 manual but to me it is not too clear whether there is pass through or upscaling. In the past with my...
Top Bottom