Search results

1. A

KEF LS50 Wireless II > KEF R3 Meta

Compared with LS50W1 , I didn't like LS50W2 for one reason, they Limited the bass excursion to protect the speaker, it sounds less impactful to me now. I hope they fix this problem in version 3
  2. A

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

As you can see sony AVR have a problem with bass. The best thing you can do is trial and error to find the best setting. Which mode you are using? SSM? try turning it on and off you will feel difference.
  3. A

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Update! The hiss and distortion sound is back. Tried to resolved it today, here are my observations: First thing I noticed, if bluetooth is set to transmitter (and enter/exit setting menu to take effect), the hiss and distortion sound is reduced by 95%, but I lose my back heights. Second, if...
  4. A

Update Connected my paradigm servo 15, and all the missing bass came back. I'm now at 5.1 setup, will test the height speakers later, if they work well, I will be a happy consumer...hope I'm not overpaying for kef height speakers. Target setup 5.1.4, hope az3000es can drive them effortlessly...
  5. A

So had some time with this receiver today, before turning it on, I noticed the subwoofer was powered on but not connected tot he receiver. so I power it off. Surprise, the distortion sound disappears from all modes. So try to power of electronics using the same outlet, it may help.
  6. A

Thanks for your advice, for certain reason I'm unable to return it and need to live with it. So any suggestion to lower the distortion would be appreciated. I noticed that when I changed my surround speakers to kef the distortion decreased a little bit. Also lowering the volume helped. Is...
  7. A

Hi Az3000es received yesterday, set it up and impressed by its sound overall. I only experienced one issue, when SSM turned on with relatively high vol and quite film scene I can clearly hear distortion from speakers, specially from surround speakers which are placed close to me, other modes...
  8. A

KEF LS50 Bookshelf Speaker Review

still a myth?? This is written in KEF official blog (cached) https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:T4EQvDBLhWoJ:https://us.kef.com/blog/some-facts-about-speaker-break-in-301371114+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=kw&client=firefox-b-d
  9. A

This reddit thread suggest 100-200 hours break in, doesn't sound like a myth to me
  10. A

so i went to the shop again, with CDs, USD, and bluetooth worked too. tried my tracks that i played with the previous version of speakers. still i cant feel the bass as much. i admit the room setup is different, the new version is in small room (with sound observer sheets) , the older version...
  11. A

I know the bass isn't the same, I can see bass driver movement has bigger range in version 1, and version two I see it barely moving in and out.
  12. A

Hello I went to the shop today to try the new KEF LS50 wireless II, i was pretty impressed by the clarify of the sound and how separation between instruments. But comparing with the older version, the new one is a big disappointment in bass factor. im not sure if its because of the speakers...
Top Bottom