Search results

1. H

List of Amir's Headphone PEQ filters

Can anyone help me calculate the pre-amp required for Armir's EQ for Bose QC45 from this thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/bose-quietcomfort-45-headphone-review.46500/ I use MacOS so I don't have access to EQ APO :(
  2. H

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Got it. It’s a little bit hard to purchase stock pads where I am. Even though there are some Senn offficial distributors here, they are all out of stock
  3. H

Am I correct to say that the stock pads of Sennheiser are made of Velour materials? I'm trying to find replacement pads but don't want to change the sound of the HD 800s. So, I just think that choosing something of the same material would not impact the sound much. Stock pads from Sennheiser...
  4. H

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I'm considering between the DX3 Pro+ and L30II/E30II stack for my HD 800s. Is the headroom provided by the stack worth $100 over DX3 Pro+? I won't purchase anything required more power than HD 800s (in the near future), so future-proofing in terms of power is not necessary.
  5. H

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

Can I have a question for EQ (Harman) use with headphones? How should we adjust the EQ when the Pads broke in (or even broke down)? What is the frequency range impacted which we should adjust accordingly?
  6. H

I think if you already use Soundsource, you should enter the value suggested by Armir directly into Soundsource. Just be aware that the built-in PEQ of Soundsource use Width value instead of Q (if I remember correctly). You can quickly search for online tool to convert Q into Width quite easily.
  7. H

Had the 800S for a couple of weeks already. I would say if we don't do eq, the E30/L30 combo should be perfectly capable of driving HD 800s even on Medium Gain. However, when I want to apply EQ with -6db headroom, I'll need to go near 3 o'clock on High Gain. It is good for me now but for...
  8. H

Finally sell my kidney to purchase a discounted hd800s. I’m currently using E30 and L30 combo. Is it ok to drive it for now since I definitely cannot afford any new gear for the next 1 year.
  9. H

Topping E30 DAC Review

On this topic, have you by chance tried this on a Mac? I'm having trouble playing Hi-Res Lossless file from Apple Music to Topping E30. I think on MAC there is no way to send signal directly to Topping E30 without downsampling or upsampling depends on the music sample rate (via the MIDI Audio Setup)
Top Bottom