Search results

1. Brad1138

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I know, and I am sure those are just as good, but I like the gold plating and the Moon name. For 2 pair that was only $80 vs $40, no big deal in the "audiophile" world...
  2. Brad1138

In regards to the potential performance issues, as long as it isn't audible to a 56 year old with mediocre hearing and tinnitus, I am not worried about it.
  3. Brad1138

Neither preamp has XLR (Odyssey Candela & Axiom II Passive Pre Walker Mod)
  4. Brad1138

Thanks, I am looking at these (F2F), I also have a Moon 310LP that I will (hopefully) be doing the same thing with. https://www.moon-audio.com/moon-audio-rca-xlr-adapters.html
  5. Brad1138

From my ADI-2 I am currently using RCA splitters to run to 2 different preamps (Tube and SS). But I was wondering, could I use an XLR to RCA adapter and use that output instead of splitting the RCA. I know it might be more or less the same, but I worry a bit about torque on the RCA connector, I...
  6. Brad1138

DIY cable gallery and discussion

On someone's recommendation I bought RG142 for my first try at making my own RCA cables. (paid $6/ft... :oops: ) Only after getting it, I did some more research, and it is 50 ohm, where 75 ohm seems to be more common for DIY RCA cables. Any reason to be worried about his recommendation? I am...
  7. Brad1138

Using inexpensive DVD player as transport for an external DAC

FWIW, I use a 6 disc Onkyo DVD changer with coax digital out into an RME ADI2 DAC FS into Preamp/Amp/Spks that are over $10,000 total, and I am quite pleased. I keep my current 6 fav CDs in there. I also have a laptop with all my discs burned to FLAC files and run Foobar 2000. But if I get a new...
  8. Brad1138

Marantz AV7705 Home Theater Processor Review

I do. I run a Luminous Audio Axiom II Walker Mod Passive preamp (auditioned many before settling on that) , RME ADI-2-DAC fs, Moon 310lp phono pre w/320s power supply. Odyssey Kismet amp and Tekton Moabs. The clarity is incredible, and would smoke the 7705 from that aspect. However, Tekton...
  9. Brad1138

When you used your Marantz, did you utilize room correction?
  10. Brad1138

I am not going to get into the "all equipment basically sounds the same" debate. I do understand the room correction may make a bigger difference (in some or even most ways) than the separate preamp/DAC does. If I do go the HT prepro route, I am going to also look at an Anthem AVM 60 or 70 for...
  11. Brad1138

My preamp doesn't have HT pass-through. I just switch the RCAs back and forth. The main amp and main speakers are the only components common between both systems. My 2 channel preamp (and DAC & phono pre) is higher quality than the Marantz.
  12. Brad1138

Right now I have a separate preamp for 2 channel listening. I also have a separate DAC and Phono Pre. I am considering using the 7705 (with room correction) for everything and doing without the separate preamp. Is there any point in using the separate DAC, just to have it go through the...
Top Bottom