Search results

1. Old Dog New Ticks

Raspberry Pi 4b + RoPieeXL + USB + Toppings D50 = Poor Sound?

Hi SJ777, Thanks for your suggestion! Using the Roon Community Forum is news to me and sounds like a good/useful resource.
  2. Old Dog New Ticks

Just de-selected DSP from the various Roon places, and all sounds good, similiar to other setup! "La Femme d'Argent" on Moon Safari is back! Bummer if I can 't use DSP. Guess I'll have to work on that next week. Much Thanks!!!
  3. Old Dog New Ticks

Thank you. I'll give that a try. (Family coming over for the weekend at noon, so I'll be problem solving next week.) Cheers!
  4. Old Dog New Ticks

With the pieces now confirmed as being good, I will try your good recommendations. I'll start with my Roon settings. I'm new to Roon, so I may have messed something up three. I've been on Tidal for a few years, so I wouldn't think my issue is there - but I'll look there too. Also, I did...
  5. Old Dog New Ticks

Hi MBL'er, As I was setting up this effort, I did considered the AlloBoss2 (https://allo.com/sparky/boss2.html) which measured well on ASR, but not a SPDIF hat. I have seen other much more expensive SPDIF (non-RPi) setups which were presented as being very good on YouTube, but I have not heard...
  6. Old Dog New Ticks

Hi jtwrace - Thanks for confirming others have used this setup successfully, and that my product choice should be good - and that buying more stuff will not solve my problem. Now, I just need to improve my implementation.
  7. Old Dog New Ticks

I recently setup a Raspberry Pi 4b (in a passive aluminum case) connected to my router via an either net cable and to a Topping D50 via USB. The RPi is powered by the standard $9 RPi wall wart. I’m running RoPieeXL on the RPi (installed via Etcher) so I can check out Roon. I’m a Tidal...
Top Bottom