Search results

1. J

KEF LS60 Wireless Just Announced

As a LS50 WII owner I'm very glad that the LS60 is reported to use the same app. I know the LS50 WI users were not all that thrilled to be "left behind" with using the two original apps.
  2. J

Left - Right Balance Use Cases

Thanks to everyone for the answers. I certainly wouldn't have came up with most of these on my own.
  3. J

Left - Right Balance Use Cases

Dumb question - probably with some obvious answers - but what are some common use cases for manipulating the left/right balance on a stereo output. I'm talking about the balance that is common on preamplifiers where you can manipulate the output level between each channel. It's probably so...
  4. J

Wanted: streamer with optical + analog in / optical out (as simple as possible)

The Yahama WXC-50 would seemingly fit. It has been reviewed and discussed here if it looks like it might fit and you'd like to read more discussion.
  5. J

KEF LS50 WII in Room Measurements

So I'm back at this after a bit of a break. I've only been getting the microphone out when my girlfriend goes into the office which is only once a week now, and was zero the last few weeks. I took some feedback to increase the amount of samples for the moving mic method, I didn't get up to the...
  6. J

Impact of AC Distortion & Noise on Audio Equipment

I don't understand much of the technical discussions. However, I have enjoyed the logic, the fallacies, and overall congenial back and forth. Compliments to those who have provided wikipedia links, illustrative analogies, and cheerful dispositions. I've also wound up curious about a certain...
  7. J

I have no idea if there is any interest in this "test" but here are my results of triggering the different base extension settings in the KEF Connect app. “How large is your room (Expert Mode: Bass Extension): This setting adjusts the bass extension of the speakers. The larger the room...
  8. J

Thanks. I'll try the moving mic method again with additional measurements to average, my first attempt was just three. From an average with that many more samples, I ought to have a pretty good baseline with which to try some EQing.
  9. J

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately don't have a ton of room for significant movement changes. Nor can I veto the the blanket basket (who knew that was something that is needed). I did do a simple measurement test to see if the basket had more impact on the measurements if it was really close to...
  10. J

I've performed three measurements doing a general swirl with the microphone and have averaged the results. I realized the first full range was at 1/6, then my subsequent graphs were at 1/24, so I've done both here.
  11. J

I've tested three different distances from the rear wall, not really sure what to make of the results. When I conduct the measurements, it's just a few second sweep, is that generally sufficient or when people are posting their measurements is that an average of many measurements or longer...
  12. J

Thanks for the comment, these were recorded with a stationary mic on the little mini tripod that came with the microphone, then raised up on essentially a box to be at approximate ear height. I will look into the MMM and try that.
  13. J

Thanks for the comment. I don't have a ton of latitude for changing placement, but could probably move another 6 inches from the wall or laterally. So certainly not significant movement. I'll test it just out of the sake of interest, but could these type of movements yield much improvement?
  14. J

Hi everyone, I am an audio novice, and even less experienced with REW and all of its features and technical measurements. I am hopeful that this thread will still provide some interest to some, and perhaps some advice for me regarding how to improve my experience. I’ve been enjoying my LS50...
  15. J

Can you beat my option? KEF LS50 Wireless II + SVS SB-2000 Pro

My guess is they haven't updated the manual yet. I only noticed it from this discussion over here, there's a post with a screen shot of the app. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/using-kef-ls50-wireless-ii-with-a-subwoofer/157545/56
  16. J

Take a look at the EQ tab in the KEF Connect app. You can toggle stereo rather than mono for two subs if you would prefer it that way.
  17. J

Take this for what it's worth, as I'm by no means an expert or even a particularly experienced listener. I didn't do any thorough comparisons, basically out with the Fives and in with the KEFs. Disclaimer out of the way: I liked the Fives, they were a bit bass heavy, and maybe a bit less...
  18. J

I was in a very similar situation as you, except needed an analogue source. I ended up going with the KEF WII, I spent a lot of time researching separates and they were appealing, but WII seemed like a great value compared to $1,500 passive metas then finding sufficient amplification, streaming...
  19. J

Integrated stereo amplifier with bass-management?

Bluesound recently updated the Powernode, although I think the 2i would be suitable too. Integrated amp 80 wpc Volume slider on top of unit, otherwise remote or app Analog input Crossover from 40-200 One sub out 900 usd Streaming and roon ready. Hopefully I've managed to stick to the specs...
Top Bottom